How to deter/prevent wheel and/or vehicle theft

ultra2207

Reaction score
Question for all the people with expensive wheel/tire setups that are driveway queens. My truck doesn't fit in my garage. Anyone have any tips/tricks or whatever regarding wheel theft or even vehicle theft. I've never looked into alarm systems or other deterrents so I don't know where to start. I live in a good neighborhood/area but we all know that doesn't matter. It's literally my only concern with lifting my truck. I just bought everything and will be installing it within the next week. I work lots of hours and have a work car so the truck will be outside with no one home most of the time. I'm open to whatever including GPS tracking crap, video systems, etc... Anyone?

sent via tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
I have a system like lojack. Worth it's weight in gold.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

gnxtc2

Reaction score
LoJak is old technology. GPS units are the way to go. There is another way you can use the GPS that I will not publicize for the thieves to read. PM for details.

LoJak uses microwave technology which penetrates metal structures/container. GPS signal can't penetrate. You can live track with a GPS unit.

Billy T.
[email protected]

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
if you can't put it in a garage, just up your value coverage on the truck on insurance

I don't really get the whole zillion dollar GPS alarm thing. If somebody steals my truck, I don't want it back! Just pay me for it so I can move on.

CMCx2012

Reaction score
I for one hate when I have to work out of Queens NY field office because if I drive the truck in, well, lets just say that if it or anything on it isn't stolen it will be dinged up and it will be hard as hell to find parking. Working out of Manhattan is also no walk in the park as far as the above is concerned!

As far as my wheels, I have the Gorilla lug nuts that are "harder to get off". I am more worried about the damn Rigid lights being sawed off or unbolted! A friend and I have come up with some ideas to really secure those little guys to whatever they are bolted to.

In general, our neighborhood is typically not a bad place but you never know. I have the stock alarm and I consider a Viper system down the road or something similar, but for now it is just my ears and an array of tools to come out side with if a window is broken or an alarm has sounded. Best security method yet... :gethim:

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
LoJak is old technology. GPS units are the way to go. There is another way you can use the GPS that I will not publicize for the thieves to read. PM for details.

LoJak uses microwave technology which penetrates metal structures/container. GPS signal can't penetrate. You can live track with a GPS unit.

Billy T.
[email protected]

That's what I have

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Insurance and phuck it.
I don't even have locking lug nuts. Why get my truck screwed up plus the wheels stolen? If someone wants them bad enough...let em go for it and I'll get new wheels and tires out of the deal.

Latest posts

Members online