How To Determine If A 6.4 Has A Larger Atmo?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Shoot I don't have the truck with me at the moment still in California getting shipped. But I drove the truck and it lights instantly stock tune pushes 40+. I know its a stock tune because it idles at 5000 PSI
Had my dually dashdaq with me to monitor It also has a slightly louder whistle but i'm trying determine the brand and size.The other 6.4 I bought has a tow power x whistle to it i'm trying to determine brand and size for that one also.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Pics might help you figure this out faster. I'm sure the guys on here know the trunks when they look at them.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Pics might help you figure this out faster. I'm sure the guys on here know the trunks when they look at them.

Shoot I shoulda took pics of it one truck the turbos are powder coated black the other truck its a stock appearing turbo(S). Both truck make 40 PSI+ and it's on a stockish tune. it idles at 5000 PSI. higher tuned trucks idle at 5800.

The one with the powder coated turbos has a tow power x whistle and has almost a 6.0 exhaust note to it.

sootie

Reaction score
my truck idles @ 4800 psi and has a race tune.

chances are if someone went to the trouble of painting the turbos, they arent stock.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
my truck idles @ 4800 psi and has a race tune.

chances are if someone went to the trouble of painting the turbos, they arent stock.

That's what i'm thinking no ways there stock I wouldn't go though all the trouble to just powder coat them. Here the first clue I had the truck with the with the powder coated turbo's. I looked inside when I got to the car lot.

H&S wire was still there no H&S.

popped the hood had the powder coated turbos EGR Delete and intake elbow with CAI pipe looked underneath also has a black transmission.

Has a fuel tank in the bed transfer pump and nozzle

Took it for a test drive man that truck has some crazy power and a deeper exhaust note more like a 6.0 note to it.

Bought it from a dealer in Grand Prairie TX drove to new mexico D-side uppipe blew. Decided to drive it the rest of the way 1400 miles to get it shipped in California

For the other one 6.4 I got this one at north central ford in Dallas. at idle it sounds like the VGT is turned off it has a deeper 6.0 note to it also and it has a louder than stock whistle that truck has some power to. This truck also has the wire but no tuner.

How would I find out if the truck's has any other tunes other than H&S box tunes? (The two trucks dont have the tuner in them)

If it's MCC custom tunes do they default to the "NO Power" stockish tune when the H&S is unplugged like the box tunes?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Here is a 72mm next to a stock atmo.

2FFE1962-3DC8-4304-936B-0A78FD9F3E29_zpszs9umruh.jpg

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Mine stay wherever I put them. I haven't plugged the mini maxx into my 1 ton in a solid 6+ months, and it's still on the high setting.

Do you have any defuels programmed?

Did you get those pistons shipped out? :D

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Certain scanners will send a signal across the buss that coincides with the signal used to select power levels.

I know for a fact certain code readers/scanners will bump a 6.0 with a bully dog or H&S loaded on them to the highest level lol

Thanks again on the pistons. We'll definitely hollar at you on the next set!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.