How to make 400hp and 700 ft/lbs torque?

smoker00

Reaction score
PMR who knows when they will let go.. it a gamble...

But if it was my run her tell she pop's

I would do 238/100 or some kind of a small hybrid

38R or t4 set up in the 66mm range or even a h2...

Have it tuned for PMR.. and drive it

Then if she pop's put a forged rod motor in it..

Just my 2 cents..

JJozwiak

Reaction score
Like everybody else has stated. Those numbers for the 6.7 are rear wheel. If you have a 6 position chip, intake, and exhaust, and a healthy hpop...you are already in what a 6.7 makes at the wheels, if not more. Why spend the extra money?

Want to stay stone stock reliable? 160cc injectors, or 175/146 single shots, ww2, a healthy hpop, converter, and vb. Should be good for 375-425 at the tires based on how generous the dyno operator is feeling, and run clean and cool. Plus you don't have to listen to that noisy ass 38r.

This was more the route I was planning on going. I just did a 6637 filter. Now want to do the ts6 chip, and an exhaust. I plan on doing the injectors just because I just recently had to do one and the truck has all the original except the one I replaced. So I want to do all of them with a better injector.

Also another noob ? but what is VB? And when you say Converter do you mean just put a fresh one in there or is there an upgrade?

mandkole

Reaction score
As was suggested, max out your stock parts with a chip and a wheel upgrade for the turbo. With the heavier loads towed, some trans upgrades would be suggested.

The 6.7 is no comparison. Its designed to use all of its power all the time with a caveman behind the wheel. The 7.3 is not that stout (meaning: caveman friendly) once you start adding fuel but you can still have fun with it.

Jason

Reaction score
If tuned properly...I don't see why a caveman couldn't do it. I'd gross 24-26k using Matt's tow tune, and I could pretty much forget the pyro was there. It'd creep to 1200, and start falling off...foot to the floor pulling hills.

There really isn't a lack of pulling power with a 7.3, even stock. They aren't fast, but hook a load on to it, and they feel totally different. I grossed 32k, and used my stock setting...it wasn't faat getting moving, but I wasn't worried about hauling ass to the speed limit. Anyways, it kept the load moving just fine, and I would catch myself running 70 if I wasn't careful, bigger long hills I would lock out OD, and pull in 3rd at 2600-2700rpm, and it did just fine.

Oh, and VB is valve body.

Jason

Reaction score
And for what it's worth, I strongly disagree with the hybrids, big turbo, and neuter it for pmr's, or running it til it pops. If that's what you want, buy a spare motor, with forged rods, and build it on the side..then swap it out over the weekend. It's a lot smarter to do it that way, as opposed to risking popping it while you don't have funds, or the ability to swap another motor. On the road traveling, etc.

4duggan

Reaction score
And for what it's worth, I strongly disagree with the hybrids, big turbo, and neuter it for pmr's, or running it til it pops. If that's what you want, buy a spare motor, with forged rods, and build it on the side..then swap it out over the weekend. It's a lot smarter to do it that way, as opposed to risking popping it while you don't have funds, or the ability to swap another motor. On the road traveling, etc.

WHS .
Your PMR is worth more without the curtains .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker42

Reaction score
Rosewood diesel 160/80s Adrenaline HPOP.
I have had my Adrenaline pump since the rig had 94000 miles. I was one of the first to test the new pump and Bob is a great guy to work with. Just hit 190000 miles still holds 3200 psi as long as I hold her in it.:fordoval:

Southmike

Reaction score
Vb is a valve body... aka bts vb...woods vb etc.
You will want a better torque converter too eventually.
A hybird 6.0/7.3 is fine if your on the lower hp level....ideally aa multi clutch.
Racerx or caryt might have some options..... S would others like dieselinnovations.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
pis 175/30, sd66, honey badger jr, regulated return, nltd tunes. done

Yes we have package a few pumps with injectors. Great combo when adding no limit tuning to it as well.

The 175's come with 80% nozzles now. The 160's come with the 30%.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I like the name. It don't take no $h!t

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.