How To Tame Larger Injs and Nozzles?

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
It's detuned to my estimation of Stg 2s but what do I know. It still breaks the tires loose in 2nd if I put the wood to it in a higher tune. And I drive in my lowest tune 99% of the time.

And yes there is still a slight stumble but that's because I have not had time to send the chip in yet.

I'm gathering more numbers from AE before I send the chip off so Matt has a easier time dialing it in for what I need for now. I'll have it live tuned by him when I finish my build. But that's not going to be till spring. Trucks going in the garage next few weeks and getting parts installed slowly.

But from the words we have had he knows exactly what's going on.

And we all know that tuning by mail is not the same for every truck and application.

I asked him to detune for reasons, like I don't have my 4202 on yet or my vs pr hs.

I am still pleased with his tunes for my application at my current point in the build. And will continue to use him.

Last edited:

baderic03

Reaction score
Listen u have 200% nozzles it ain't going to
Idle smooth it will have a stumble and sound like there is almost a cam in there. Don't say the tunes don't pull or they are detune then come out and say oh I asked him to detune them because I don't have all the supporting mods for the injector at hand. Live tuning is good but all that does is dial in the transmission shift points I'm sure he don't hold back in his all out tunes (when you tell him not to detune it). He is very fair and has a lot of fast trucks running around with out complaints that weren't live tuned. Good luck with the build and I hope you grasp that youll lose idle quality with nozzles that big

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
I never said that it does not pull. And i did ask him to detune. I dont remember having a three way conversation with you and matt.

I have six options on the chip. I can only use 1-4. I told him I need two tow tunes and two fun tunes for the setup I have now. And that's exactly what he did.

5 and six are for when I get the rest of the build together. No all out tunes yet. Not really interested in all out, just efficient power. Don't really care what the max power will be when I get it done. But I do want to have fun sometimes as well.

As for idle quality, it idles better then my AAs ever did when its cold. It's all in the fine tuning.

It will get fingered out soon. And as far as live tuning, there are many others that have had it done that have said there are big differences in the way the truck acts. There is no replacement for having the tuner in the passenger seat as they know exactly what is going on.

I am looking forward to having a good running efficient truck by spring. Can't rush perfection :poke: and I am in no hurry.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I don't think trolling was his intent. It's just really hard to make a 200% nozzle idle perfect without live tuning. This is especially true of the injectors with the "fast mods" that make them extra touchy at low fueling requests.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Listen u have 200% nozzles it ain't going to
Idle smooth it will have a stumble and sound like there is almost a cam in there.

Sorry, I have to disagree with is. 200's can idle just as smooth as stock. I have customers call me back and tell me how much smoother thier new 400% nozzles idle compared to the old 200% nozzles did from "X" company. Idle is a mixture of tuning AND injector construction. I have proven this many times over.

If you can not get 200's to idle just as smooth as stockers you have a problem in one of these departments.

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
Sorry, I have to disagree with is. 200's can idle just as smooth as stock. I have customers call me back and tell me how much smoother thier new 400% nozzles idle compared to the old 200% nozzles did from "X" company. Idle is a mixture of tuning AND injector construction. I have proven this many times over.

If you can not get 200's to idle just as smooth as stockers you have a problem in one of these departments.

:whs:

V-Ref

Reaction score
OP-So idle resolution is what your not happy with correct? Have you tried changing the oil to a different brand? I think you're correct in that live tuning will fix all, but you might try a different brand or two until spring.

TyCorr

Reaction score

If x company is somebody known, how do we know? And do they know that their injectors aren't sound? I'm open to a Pm to anything sensitive that doesn't want posted in the open. From Tim or bdp tuner. I just want to know as much as possible about injectors and who's selling what.

Never mind, I'm gonna pm Tim.

BDP Tuner

Reaction score
If x company is somebody known, how do we know? And do they know that their injectors aren't sound? I'm open to a Pm to anything sensitive that doesn't want posted in the open. From Tim or bdp tuner. I just want to know as much as possible about injectors and who's selling what.

Never mind, I'm gonna pm Tim.

Ok sounds good. If I can help just shoot me a PM.

Reaction score
I don't think trolling was his intent. It's just really hard to make a 200% nozzle idle perfect without live tuning. This is especially true of the injectors with the "fast mods" that make them extra touchy at low fueling requests.

Like Matt said, "fast mods" this is a whole different ball game. We had a some injectors in a customers truck with fast fuel mods, and a set of good tunes the truck ran great at cruising speeds. The second you were at an idle and went to accelerate it got touchy in the throttle. Had some live tuning and the PW with the correct ICP made it smooth as glass all around.
Very well said by the way Matt.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
OP-So idle resolution is what your not happy with correct? Have you tried changing the oil to a different brand? I think you're correct in that live tuning will fix all, but you might try a different brand or two until spring.

Funny you just mentioned that.
I just changed to full syn 5w-40 last night, valvoline blue and my oh my what a difference.
Night and day. But this oil change no rev x.
Runs way better then the 15w-40 valvoline blue.
With that being said the idle is much smoother.
Still has a skip/miss at low throttle cruise but much less noticeable then before.
sending in the chip on Tuesday.
Then all will be fixed.
I'm pissed I did not have time to put on the twin 17* stealths this weekend.
Have to work all weekend.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Like Matt said, "fast mods" this is a whole different ball game. We had a some injectors in a customers truck with fast fuel mods, and a set of good tunes the truck ran great at cruising speeds. The second you were at an idle and went to accelerate it got touchy in the throttle. Had some live tuning and the PW with the correct ICP made it smooth as glass all around.
Very well said by the way Matt.

I think people need to.count on having anything fairly large custom tuned to get it right. Sure.canned tunes may work 75% of the time, or.custom, off the shelf tuning rather, but when it doesn't, live tuning may be.necessary. I'd want love tuning just to address anything I.don't like.

Reaction score
I think people need to.count on having anything fairly large custom tuned to get it right. Sure.canned tunes may work 75% of the time, or.custom, off the shelf tuning rather, but when it doesn't, live tuning may be.necessary. I'd want love tuning just to address anything I.don't like.

Well stated. I agree. Or sometimes a few reburns and tweaks and trying different PW/ICP can result in saving some money on live tuning. But then again you can't beat live tuning.

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
And someone said it was only to tweak the trans shift points :morons:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.