How to tell what injectors are?

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
I know different injector codes, AB, AC, AD, B codes, etc.

I recently purchased a wrecked truck from my local rebuilder lot, however, I cannot get ahold of the previous owner to find out somethings I would like to know.

Under the hood, this truck is a 2002 7.3 with a regulated return setup, Borg S300 series turbo, dual HPOP's, so it is definitely upgraded some, had a TS chip as well. It's obvious this truck had some go fast parts, and all seems well, truck only had 128,000 miles when rolled, and rolled, and rolled, lol.

Now for my question, pulled the valve covers and the injectors have AD solenoids on them...Is there a way to know what these injectors may actually be? As I find it hard to believe one would still have stock sticks?

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Pull one, send it to a shop with a flow bench to be flow tested. Idk if it can determine the nozzle, but at least you could figure out the cc's

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

Big Calo

Reaction score
I would just pull them and have them tested, so you know exactly what you have. I went through the headache with some aftermarket injectors in a truck I bought, not knowing exactly what was in it. It was a nightmare to try and tune.

Latest posts

Members online