How worn is my engine

golfer

Reaction score
Of course. But the injector or valve guide would show up on a compression test.

And if someone didn't notice a loose glow plug when removing it for a compression test...

A hole in the side of the block, cylinder head bolted on with one bolt, etc... would also result in poor compression numbers...

Sent from my DynaTAC

DevC

Reaction score
Truck had no check engine light, always started decently, hot or cold, and has new glow-plugs less then a year ago. I also swapped in a spare cps and put in fresh oil with no change. And truck has single mass flywheel incase that may add more vibration.

Well, Update, I have had my VC's of and checked all the injectors via there oil squirt and unplugging them one by one. Also inspected uvch's. They had some variances, but all caused a stumble when unplugged, but that makes sense in the next paragraph.

Then I pulled them to do injector O-rings and the seals are pretty toasted(I have e-fuel so I couldn't check the bowl for oil contamination) and definatly leaking between the fuel and oil passages. Should have it back together thurs, after resealing the oil cooler and another oil change. Will post results.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online