Hows the 6.4 trans hold up to H&S

Kent94

Reaction score
Wondering how the stock 5r110 have been holding up the the H&S tuning or even spartan to. I got 40k on mine and hopefully deleting this week and running H&S just wondering how the trans hold up especially on the HD300?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
These transmissions are pretty stout. Tuning wise they have been holding some serious power in stock form. I would not worry about it unless you plan on letting her eat all the time.

jdgleason

Reaction score
The majority of the transmission problems I have seen in the 6.4s have all had H&S tuning as a common denominator. I would get Gearhead tunes on your H&S tuner and be done with it.

Kent94

Reaction score
The majority of the transmission problems I have seen in the 6.4s have all had H&S tuning as a common denominator. I would get Gearhead tunes on your H&S tuner and be done with it.

Huh no kidding. To have gearhead tunes do you need to get MCC first?

jdgleason

Reaction score
Huh no kidding. To have gearhead tunes do you need to get MCC first?

Yes sir you do. Night and day difference in tuning tho. I would put canned h&s toward the back of the pack and Gearhead leading the way. Just my opinion of course. I've run tunes from almost every tuner and Gearhead is far and away the best I've ever had. Leaves absolutely nothing to be desired.

Kent94

Reaction score
Wow no kidding. I will soon be contacting him. Does the H&S leave behind a trace? Becuase I have extended warrantys 7yr 100k engine,trans, etc. And for some reason my trans was to start slipping for some reason.......lol would they be able to trace the H&S if everything was put back to stock? Becuase I know some tuners leave a trace.

Kent94

Reaction score
Can you use Gearhead trans files on H&S canned tunes? I remeber reading that same question somewhere but never found out the answear.

Also Corbin what tunes did you run on the 450 and did you run it moderatly? hard? easy?

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Can you use Gearhead trans files on H&S canned tunes? I remeber reading that same question somewhere but never found out the answear.

Also Corbin what tunes did you run on the 450 and did you run it moderatly? hard? easy?

You could, but I don't see a reason to...

And Corbin isn't easy on his trucks LOL

Just use the gear head tunes. Def dont use the H&S engine tunes. I would not mix them up anyhow.

And I beat the piss out of that truck. I did not change the fluid for 133,000 miles, and tried to kill it... 4 wheel boosted launches, racing cars, trucks, whatever. Trans lived, engine lived, but made funny noises.. most likely due to having 2 cracked pistons... LOL

Kent94

Reaction score
Yeah not sure if there's any around here. But it was a certified pre owned so it came with the extra warrantys I didn't pay a dime.

Latest posts

Members online