HP turbo inlet leaking

Kurtisp

Reaction score
Anyone ever had this issue?
I finally finished install my new turbos, 71mm billet, 59mm billet
So when boost reaches around 43-45 lbs I hear a high pitch hissing coming from the drivers side, (it's not the boots, I checked) it almost sounds like your blowing into a candy wrapper making it whistle, ya know?
What I'm hopping is that it's not the wheel touching the housing, reason I say it's leaking it cause the have a oil residue around where the inlet is, ill attach a pic of it,
So.....can you replace to piece of rubber inside the alum tubing? Or any other solutions ?
a9y4eqe8.jpg

Unless its supposed to go on farther?
Can someone check there truck?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I know my connector slides onto the compressor cover more than that. Basically the U shape piece is almost touching the end of the machined part on the compressor cover.... if that makes any sense at all? How old is the truck, or U shape connector? Possibly dried out the seals inside it?

Kurtisp

Reaction score
It's an 08, and the three bolts that are on the side of the driver side head are bottomed out, I'm going to be pulling the top stuff apart and see if I can get it on further, hope that works

webb06

Reaction score
You can replace both of those rubber seals in that U shapes piece. It's quite adjustable because there are I think 4 bolts that mount the aluminum piece to the black metal piece which mounts to the valve cover

CT9AIX

Reaction score
::Edit:: Webb beat me to it about the 4 bolts bolting the U pipe to the bracket.

Last edited:

Kurtisp

Reaction score
You can replace both of those rubber seals in that U shapes piece. It's quite adjustable because there are I think 4 bolts that mount the aluminum piece to the black metal piece which mounts to the valve cover

Awesome! Will def try that!
Thanks !!

greasltn

Reaction score
I had one do that and it was the nuts that hold the bracket to the valve cover. The nuts had backed off, it took me a few minutes to figure it out on the side of the road.

Kurtisp

Reaction score
Took it back apart, and tapped it with a rubber mallet and it went on a lot further, and dosnt leak anymore, well I can't hear it at least,
Now I may have to make another topic about this but the turbos are surging real bad on initial boost, could this be the tune? Or just may be the wheels in them? Other than that it's doing fine, 50-51 lbs

Kurtisp

Reaction score
I bought the truck with tunes on it already, going by the names I think they are innovative tunes, but I could be wrong

Latest posts

Members online