Hpfp leaked diesel into crank case...

Reaction score
Well after around 2 months of sitting the trucks valve covers came off to see what was up. I did a compression test on all cylinders and I came with above 350 for all pistons. This made me believe I had a fuel leak from an injector line or somewhere on the rail, and after running the truck without valve covers no leaks were seen. This only leaves the "ford" reman hpfp I put on it.. And if that's so this pump only lasted 8000 miles which is not that impressive. Truck have a aftermarket lift pump so I know there's no contamination especially when I'm a high mainance guy.

The truck originally had a problem in the morning when I went to the bank and the truck made a slight shutter and the rail pressure dropped to 3.something k psi. It went to normal and I posted about it on this forum... Later on I noticed I was using slightly more fuel than usual but I paid no attention, this leading to a red light where a pos t/a wanted to race. Light turned green and I left with about a 1/2 to 3/4 pedal to 75mph. Turned into Walmart and saw oil everywhere.. Looked all under the truck and it's dripping "thin" oil.. I don't know why but This made me believe I cracked a piston of course so I drove the truck home where it was parked and I used my little mustang for my daily needs.

So all in all I believe maybe a seal gave out on the hpfp causing a fuel leak that filled the crank case causing oil to be pushed out of the ccv hose.. What do ya think?:confused:

Last edited:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I got a call today that informed me that the new seal is less acceptable to return pressure over the factory lip seal and snap ring combo. If you are running just a single pump in the back of the valley, I would suggest looking at all of your return lines and make sure they are all ok and nothing is pinched off somewhere. Specifically I would look at the line that comes off the heads and attaches to the top of the fuel cooler. I have found though all the research that I have done over the past few months that the part of the line that is flexable and then turns to metal before it attaches to the fuel cooler is becoming VERY common to become either kinked off or pinched and you will not know it unless you look very closely at it. I would start there and make sure all the lines look good first.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Seal should still be good if you find a kinked line causing the backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online