hpo problem or injectors?

sleeps

Reaction score
Hard crank hot or cold. Runs fine after cranked up. I'm getting 0.2V ICP with key on engine off. And no oil pressure on the dummy gauge on dash. I can watch the icpV climb 0.1 at a time until 0.5 then it starts running. Its idling at ~0.8
Shut the truck off and immediately turn key back on and its 0.2V. Ficm always reads 50V+. Idles ~690rpm.

Any ideas?

Alfie

Reaction score
Remove the oil filter and see if it fills the oil filter bowl in less then 10 seconds. I don't think this is your issue. Sounds like it takes time to build icp. Air leak test it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleeps

Reaction score
Remove the oil filter and see if it fills the oil filter bowl in less then 10 seconds. I don't think this is your issue. Sounds like it takes time to build icp. Air leak test it

so just take the filter cap off and filter out and crank it over?

how much would a shop charge to do a leak test? i dont have easy access to alot of tools or shop for my own time. i have to rent out a booth on base...

Alfie

Reaction score
Yeah remove filter and cap. There is a spring valve u have to push down on with a screw driver. Just be careful. Then use the cable on the passenger side to crank the motor. Make sure the key is OFF. If it fills the bowl In less then 10 seconds its good.

To air leak u have to remove the icp port and use a fitting so u can put shop air in the port. Use a stethoscope to listen for a leak. Turn the key to the on position for this test. Ideal u want to have a scan tool to command the IPR to 85% but key on works ok too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.