HPOP blew snap ring, replaced, no start stuck out of town.

Big Bore

Reaction score
As title says HPOP blew the snap ring, tried putting it back together but no go, pump internals were torn up pretty good when I took it apart. Put the Termie twins on (refurbished by Joey since I pulled them the last time, so should be good) and I've cranked it over a LOT with no start, which in my experience is not normal for the twins, they usually pump right up. Getting the usual EBP system codes, but the one I think is a problem is P1212, ICP voltage not at expected level. I have no smoke at all. Have fuel pressure. Have engine oil pressure. I used a different IPR also. I've disconnected ICP sensor and no luck. Im wondering if the it's the IPR, may swap in another one I have. I do not have a scan gauge, just a code reader, and no access to one.

I've checked and rechecked all the connections to sensors and valve covers, checked fuses. Tach is moving when cranking, 118rpm according to AIC.

I'm thinking I'm missing something obvious but not sure.

Losing my mind, missed two days on a job and customers are pissed and I'm losing money every day now. About to give up and jump off a cliff. Talk me down please.

PS, anyone in Eagle Colorado with a scan tool?

Big Bore

Reaction score
Ok it's running. Swapped IPR and ICP sensor, found bare wires inside IPR connector and spread them apart, need to replace. I don't really know what the problem was, but it's running now and I'm headed to work, you all enjoy your weekend. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.