HPOP gauge readings

strokin6L

Reaction score
I just installed a HPOP gauge that was custom done by Dakota Digital. I had told them that i needed it so that 0-volts means 0-psi and 5-volts means 4000psi so that they could calibrate/program the gauge with some sort of software. Not sure what psi readings i'm suppose to be seeing as idle or at any certain RPM. Haven't seen anything over 1600psi. When truck is up to temp...the psi reading is 700 in park, but with it idling in drive with the foot on the brake...it's 720psi. At 55mph at about 1600-1650rpms the reading was 1000-1020psi. I punched the throttle once from a dead stop....the rpms went a little bit over 3000rpms and the psi reading went to 1600psi. How much rpms does it take to get a high psi reading. Do my readings seem right? I'll try to get a driving video tomorrow. I know that i've heard that a tuned FICM will give a false ICP/HPOP reading where it'll stop reading at a certain PSI, but that's only through the OBDII port. This dakota digital gauge is getting readings the same way that the autometer and ISSPRO HPOP gauges are...and that's directly from the volt wire off of the ICP sensor, but i just don't understand why it's soo hard to get a reading higher than 1600psi.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I just ran mine the other day, messing around with Autoenginuity, so that was an OBD port reading, but I had both desired and actual up near 3800psi or so, maybe a touch more, didn't take a lot of RPM's really, just flat foot it and watch it shoot up...

MUDSTROKIN'

Reaction score
I'd say somethings wrong. I'm pretty sure on a hard run it spikes to around 4K psi. Maybe a little less as Mike stated

Latest posts

Members online