Hpop line work as temp cross over?

TARM

Reaction score
I am in working on my HPOP system and some how I misplaced 2 of the oil rail plugs. Nothing will be open until Monday and need to get this thing fired up by tomorrow. I was looking at what I had laying around. I noticed I had some extra of the long HPOP lines. The one with the 90 degree connectors on both ends. I also had the extra fittings as well. I was looking at it and it looks like using the 3rd pors back from the front on each head that this hpop line will fit. Everything else looks like it will go without interfernace.

Any reason not to use this if it fits? After all its specifically made from fitting to hose for this pressure and temps.

Maybe it will not fit right once I get it in there but it seems to when connected one side and held it in place.

dietoremain

Reaction score
A crossover is after all, nothing but a hose, I've had mine on for a long time, doesnt say what kinda hose you gotta use! factory style hoses are great :). leave it lol

TARM

Reaction score
Exactly I just could not figure out why I have never heard of anyone doing it so I figured I must of been having a brain fart and there was a good reason it didn;'t work.

But I just got it done and it fits perfectly. With the 90degree ends allows it to curve down into the valley out of the way. Now if you had a dual hpop maybe there would be an issue but with a single and my gtx42 it looks stock and frankly its as close to a OEM crossover as you can get when you consider parts.

It also saved me from having to go to the junk yard to pull a couple plugs to fill those ports.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Exactly I just could not figure out why I have never heard of anyone doing it so I figured I must of been having a brain fart and there was a good reason it didn;'t work.

But I just got it done and it fits perfectly. With the 90degree ends allows it to curve down into the valley out of the way. Now if you had a dual hpop maybe there would be an issue but with a single and my gtx42 it looks stock and frankly its as close to a OEM crossover as you can get when you consider parts.

It also saved me from having to go to the junk yard to pull a couple plugs to fill those ports.

The reason no one else has done it is because most people don't have spare HPOP lines layin around lol That is my guess.

TARM

Reaction score
SPR1 with the update. In fact I just got done swapping it in replacing the original dual stealth dual IPR 4 port.

That is part of the reason I had the extra hose and fittings.

Got it fired up a hour ago and everything seems to be good.
Other than the dame injector knock from it being so damn cold out. Even without the glow plugs running 35degrees it fired up in 3-4 seconds. Filled up the hpop and filled up the rial thru the icp port. Didn't even lope but maybe one second. Went with a brand new IPR as I did not want to deal with any BS hunting down issues.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Sweet, good to hear its running. What's the reason for the switch, interested to see how it does with those fire hose injectors!
I might have to get one, my stock pump is getting weak

Latest posts

Members online