HPOP question

CSIPSD

Reaction score
well see thats the thing. I do have a performance shop down the street lol. And their Powerstroke Mechanic is one of the best guys around. He told me I needed a new hpop. But I might order that scanner as well cuz it is a good tool to have

Ask him WHY you need a new HPOP...

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I agree. Some actual hard numbers that prove you need a new pump would be beneficial. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to help you better understand your new truck and make sure you are not getting yanked around and buying parts you don't need.

_DieselPower_

Reaction score
No I understand completely. He can tell me to put every part in the world on it just trying to make money. Im glad you guys can help me out with all this because I am new to diesel performance and this is my first diesel. So I am glad you guys are helping me along with these decisions.

Blowby

Reaction score
If you look at your goal and the addition of an upgraded HPOP in your first post you are correct on the upgrade.

njjeep

Reaction score
If you plan on keeping your truck. I would get the Auto Enginuity. I got it, and it has paid for itself many times now.

Blowby

Reaction score
If you plan on a curve that is broad and flat with quick responsive acceleration then volume will be a plus. If you are looking to have a peak on the curve just to say you have a 500hp truck then carry on and good luck with the OEM 13 year old part. Been there, done that, 9 years ago.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
As stated above, get some sort of monitoring device for your truck. It does not have to be AE, but that is a good system for a good price. You can also get devices such as a Scan Gauge that will always be in the truck so you can always monitor.

Without a monitoring device you are looking at a lot of future headaches with your truck.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
If you plan on a curve that is broad and flat with quick responsive acceleration then volume will be a plus. If you are looking to have a peak on the curve just to say you have a 500hp truck then carry on and good luck with the OEM 13 year old part. Been there, done that, 9 years ago.

^^^^Mike knows his sh*t, if there is anyone I'd listen to, it would be this guy
. This is good advice
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Sure, buy a pump you dont need...

I've been driving around on a pump with 250k on it, without issue with 250/200's for 3 years... Pulls my 34' trailer all over the country.

LOW END TQ kills motors, dont know why people cant understand that... Sorry, I dont want to make peak tq at 1500rpm because I can... I would rather make it at 2500-2600 where I can use it every day without worry of scattering my block...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
just flat out ask the guy who said you need a new one, why you need it? ask what peak pressure is and what the duty cycle % is at peak pressure... also if pressure is down, could just be a junk icp sensor making the truck run in a default program..

KBMKVIII

Reaction score
If you do end up needing a hpop I have a 12k mi used adrenaline for sale in classifieds.
Also what has been said the AE is your best friend.

Latest posts

Members online