HPOP relief valve repair

pontiacross

Reaction score
I am running a bts dual HPOP setup in my puller with a stock 17degree pump on the bottom and a dt466 pump on top. after putting my injectors back in I was running it to get all the air out of the system and blew a high pressure line after reving it up a little bit. after replacing the line it would no longer build ICP. after some testing I found the 17degree pump bad and threw in a 15 that I had laying around to get it going. after talking with several people I think the relief valve may have gotten damaged after a pressure spike caused from the engine running in default mode since the check engine light was still on for "unable to buld ICP at cranking".

long story short the 15 is not keeping up, I have heard you can repair the relieve valve but cant find any info on how. dose anyone know how to check and or repair?

pontiacross

Reaction score
not sure i haven't started taking it apart yet. i wanted to figure out what I was doing before I screw something up LOL

pontiacross

Reaction score
ok thanks. I have had to replace dt pumps before because sombody was trying to fix a leak and pulled the wrong plug out at the wrong time and lost a check ball. so I didn't want to just start lanking this one apart .

I'll pull that plug out this weekend and see what I find

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.