HPOP Reservoir

Homesteader

Reaction score
Here's where I'm at. Only on second stage. 24 grit 3" sanding disc and Scotch Brite 2" coarse gasket remover.

d92b6cb7.jpg

a115a6fd.jpg

TARM

Reaction score
That is looking good. As long as you keep away from the mounting surface and edges it shoudl be GTG. The second pic really shows off what you got done from the first. A few more passes and you should be able to shave by it.

Homesteader

Reaction score
That is looking good. As long as you keep away from the mounting surface and edges it shoudl be GTG. The second pic really shows off what you got done from the first. A few more passes and you should be able to shave by it.

Thanks Tarm. Well I'm wondering how long will the shine last,or should I paint it.:confused:

TARM

Reaction score
Could you hit with some type of clear to protect it or something along those lines?

neverkickn

Reaction score
:whs: use a high temp clear enamel. That will keep it from oxidizing for a good while.

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
Is the clear going to work with all the oil that soakes into the metal over the years? I personally think you would have trouble after polishing also. If it does work let me know.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Still needs a liitle more work. I'm wondering how long the shine will last though.

TARM

Reaction score
Well Tom S is running a polished one and you could likely eat off just about any part of his truck from the pics I have seen of it.

Tom,

what kind of maintenance have you found to be needed to keep the hi glossy polish look on the HPOP? What about any other parts you may have polished up?

Tom S

Reaction score
I am not not worthy. :jawdrop: It stays shiny pretty good. A little metal polish and it shines up again by hand.

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
Looks killer! You can have it clear powder coated so you dont have the maintanance. Plus the PC is chemical resistant.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Thanks guys,I think it will be alot of change to get PC last I check to get my oil pan PC,there price starts from 250.00 doesnt matter how small it is. I still have time to think about it.