HVAC vents removal

ditch_dawg

Reaction score
So, I pulled the drink holder trim piece (chrome) from my center console (captain's seats) and rattled canned them with bed liner. I got tired of being blinded by the reflection of the sun at certain times of the day. I would like to do the 4 vents in the dash to match. I've tried just pulling them straight out of the dash with no luck. There is obviously something I'm missing. Do I need a special tool or remove the dash?

Thanks!

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34213

look at the first post. follow those instructions, that will get your radio panel off.

on the backside of there, you will see the chrome trim pieces your painting.

there are tabs you pinch together to seperate the trim from the panel.

go down a few more posts, and you will see how i removed the two outside trim panels. well, i only did one, but they both come off the same.

the only ones you will not get to, is the ones inside the cluster, less you gut the dash to get the cluster out.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i dont have the center console. though i would imagine if you got inside the console, they would come out the same way

Badland

Reaction score
How did you you get the center console cup holder trim pieces out? Just pry and pull?

Just undo the screws inside the console (I think there is only 2) and it will come undone after a little persuasion and then the cup holders are held in by clips that you just have to squeeze to pop out

Any other way you try to pull them out with out taking that face plate off the console you will brack the plastic tabs on them

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.