Hydrodip...who is who and what is what?

MINK

Reaction score
Ive seen it done both DIY and professionally by a shop. IMO if you're looking to learn how to do it and start dipping stuff then maybe buy a kit. But if not, just get it done at a shop and be done. To get the good films you gotta know the right people and places, and if you're getting specific with a pattern the professional shop will apply it so it looks how its supposed to.

I would love to do it myself but if the diy film is junk that wont fly for me...who wants to get me hooked into where to get legit film?

20007.3L

Reaction score
I would love to do it myself but if the diy film is junk that wont fly for me...who wants to get me hooked into where to get legit film?

You have to be a dealer! And most dealers wont just give you the film! You need a lot more than just film! It's not that easy

20007.3L

Reaction score
Its easyer to ship more items at once and have me dip them than to send some here and there....and its cheaper if I dip multiple items rather than 1 at a time!

MINK

Reaction score
Its easyer to ship more items at once and have me dip them than to send some here and there....and its cheaper if I dip multiple items rather than 1 at a time!

I get that...but why pay shipping if I can do it all in house? LOL

20007.3L

Reaction score
I get that...but why pay shipping if I can do it all in house? LOL

You have to be a dealer to buy that film that I sent you, meaning you have to have X amount of $$ of there invantory, and it's not just simply buying the film.... It took me over 6mnth of training to do it right with out screwing it up!

MINK

Reaction score
You have to be a dealer to buy that film that I sent you, meaning you have to have X amount of $$ of there invantory, and it's not just simply buying the film.... It took me over 6mnth of training to do it right with out screwing it up!

I'm not hating, may even send you acouple things - just looking at some options. I appreciate all of your help so far.

6.0powerstroke

Reaction score
I have a F-250 and I was thinking about doing this to some pieces of my interior. I have a couple questions though. I was thinking I wanted the wood trim pieces done that are on the doors (so 4) ( I have a crew cab) and I also wanted the piece of the door that goes around the window switches (so 4 of them) I was wondering first how they hold up? Do they scratch or peel off or chip easy? And second how mush would it cost? (Estimate)

Also I don't mean to be long winded but before I learned about this I had wanted to paint those pieces red to match the truck but I still kinda do. If I did this stuff I would want some sort of carbon fiber but I guess I was also wondering does it have to be a design? Or can one solid color be done like red? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks

SmokedF747

Reaction score
There are so many designs out there i dont know what to go with. Anyone want to post some pics of designs you think are cool/different?

NY mott here are the pics, havent figured out how to pm a picture though hahah

Attachments

• new pipes 1.jpg
    new pipes 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
  • new pipes 2.jpg
    new pipes 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 123
  • new pipes 3.jpg
    new pipes 3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114

MINK

Reaction score
I have a F-250 and I was thinking about doing this to some pieces of my interior. I have a couple questions though. I was thinking I wanted the wood trim pieces done that are on the doors (so 4) ( I have a crew cab) and I also wanted the piece of the door that goes around the window switches (so 4 of them) I was wondering first how they hold up? Do they scratch or peel off or chip easy? And second how mush would it cost? (Estimate)

Also I don't mean to be long winded but before I learned about this I had wanted to paint those pieces red to match the truck but I still kinda do. If I did this stuff I would want some sort of carbon fiber but I guess I was also wondering does it have to be a design? Or can one solid color be done like red? Any information would be very helpful. Thanks

Paint would be simple to do, as far as I undertand after the dipping the parts get cleared with automotive clear so it will hold up like the paint on your hood...

20007.3L

Reaction score
Paint would be simple to do, as far as I undertand after the dipping the parts get cleared with automotive clear so it will hold up like the paint on your hood...

depending on what parts are dipped yes, others you need different clear

Latest posts

Members online