I can't catch a break!

Tinbanger

Reaction score
So I traded my 03 6.0 for an 06 6.0, reason is another story. With the 03 in a year after the rebuild with studs and EGR delete. I replaced 1 injector, alternator, oil pressure sensor exploded oil all over, fuel bowl o ring, and I'm sure there are a few more random things I'm forgetting. So the week I was getting the 06 my 03 truck wouldn't start, my HPOP went out! Anyway. I get the new one a couple weeks ago and the oil pressure sensor blew oil all over my engine, so first problem down. The latest, I was headed back from a camp out and about 10 miles from the house it died, and only cranks like its not getting fuel. The guage shows no oil pressure building while cranking. Also the icp sensor shows .5 volts? Not sure what that means. I have an edge cts monitor running street sct tune? Should the edge monitor show what the oil pressure is, i cant find the setting. So where to go? HPOP, LPOP? I don't know

Last edited:

Tinbanger

Reaction score
Ok I updated my cts and found the injector control pressure guage. While cranking the max I saw was 380 psi

Tinbanger

Reaction score
Ok after readinga bunch of different things online. it sounds like maybe the dummy plug o rings have gone to Crap.?

sootie

Reaction score
try unplugging the icp sensor and seeing if it starts.

Mdub707

Reaction score
STC fitting is the most common. (snap to connect). I would do the STC, dummy plugs and stand pipes all at once, should run you about $150 in parts. I think the dummyplug/standpipe kit is around $120 and the STC is like $38 or so.

If the gauge on the dash doesn't ever come up though, it could be the LPOP. How long are you cranking? I remember when I had a no start, it took my LPOP gauge on the dash about 6 full seconds of cranking for it to come up.

If you're building SOME high pressure oil though, sounds like the LPOP is working... but I would verify first.

Tinbanger

Reaction score
So we did the stand pipe kit, which came with both pipes and dummy plugs with all the o rings, also took your advice and did the stc while we were at it. Runs like a champ. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Members online