I got the short end of the stick on this one :(

dsmracing1

Reaction score
When a loaded F250 can go well over $1000 a month I can see an $800 note on a 150 pretty easily.

Exactly. I put 10K down on my Platinum F350 and my payment is 979 a month for 60 months ahaha.

TrickTruck, that is a very nice Toyota! Very popular where I live. People would offer good money for those where I live!

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Lol, yea, it's nice. Don't really want to sell it, but...I've listed it before and keep getting people who tell me what it's worth in Kelly Blue Book.

Here's it's specs:
1994 Toyota Xcab 4x4 pickup specifications.
Charcoal with gray interior.
140,000 miles.
SR5 package, power steering, brakes, windows, locks, mirrors. Factory sunroof, Sliding back window, Bucket seats, etc.
Clean southern truck with no rust.

Power
3VZE, built to the hilt. 3kmi
Balanced and blueprinted shortblock.
Ported, polished & gasket matched heads, intake and headers.
Custom Ground Cams
Oversize valves
Ceramic coated combustion chambers and piston tops.
Balanced injectors
K&N FPIC air filter system with new filter (less than a year / 5kmi old.)
NWOR headers & Y-pipe, ceramic coated inside and out.
Gibson Ø2.5” Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust - lifetime warranty.
Marlin Crawler Clutch
Jacobs Streetfighter Ignition
Toyota 5 speed. Stock.
Toyota Transfer Case. Stock.

New maintenance type stuff
Toyota NEW Power steering pump, less than 30kmi.
Toyota NEW Air conditioning pump, less than 25kmi.
Toyota NEW Water Pump , less than 30kmi.
Battery, less than 10kmi.
TPS, less than 1kmi.
O2, less than 1kmi.
Brakes Stock, OEM parts, new pads, rotors, shoes less than 10kmi. Front wheel bearings at the same time.

Differentials
Toyota’s V6 rear end with 4.88 gears and a TruTrac differential, all new bearings. Less than 10kmi on it.
Front with 4.88 Gears and TrueTrac diff.
Mile Marker Lockout Hubs. CV boots in good shape. If you don’t run them, they don’t wear and it’s had the Lockouts forever.

Suspension
NWOR Heavy Duty Torsion Bars
Rancho 2.5” rear springs (full spring kit, NO add a leaf.)
NWOR heavy duty front sway bar.
NWOR rear sway bar kit.
NWOR 4th brace in the front suspension - greatly strengthening it.
Rancho steering stabilizer
Rancho RS9000X adjustable shocks. Less than 10kmi.
Rancho in cab shock adjustment kit.

Armor.
Full Unlimited Engineering custom kit, front bumper, rear bumper, side bars and a roll bar (not installed due to the cap, but will come with the package.) These are not cosmetic. The ‘91 took a full size chevy nearly head on and sent the driver to the hospital and the truck to the bone yard, we drove the toy went to dinner. It needed some repairs, but the bumper was straight and true. It made the migration to the ‘94 without issue. Very strong stuff yet not heavy at all. The ‘94 gained only 200lbs when I put all this on.
There is a skid plate, but it runs a little cooler and I think gets better mileage without it. The skid will be included.

Body
2” body lift.
Lift Lips
Bushwacker fender flairs
Leer Cap with side opening windows it’s the best cap I’ve ever seen. New gas shocks.
Bug deflector
Window Deflectors
Paint is in very good shape, it’s got a couple dings, but I’d get the dent sucker guy out before selling.

Interior
6 channel aircraft EGT w/ oil temp and can be expanded into a 6 channel CHT also. $2000 piece of hardware and fantastic tuning aid.
Autometer O2 Gauge
Autometer Mechanical oil pressure gauge.
Autometer Mechanical water temp gauge.
Custom overhead consol.
Alpine CDA 7878 premium stereo, w/ 6 disk changer and XM radio.
6 Premium speakers including 2 subwoufers. 2 Amps.
Husky liners.
Dynamat everywhere.

Front lighting
This system is fully integrated into the headlights such that with running lights the 60W Hella fog lamps turn on, switch the headlights on low and the fogs turn off and the 60W driving lights turn on, flip to high beams and the driving lights turn off and 100W Hella pencil beams turn on. This system keeps the alternator from being overloaded and works seamlessly with the stock headlight switch. This can be overridden by switches in the overhead consol.
Headlights are also Hella with high intensity Piaa H4 bulbs.

Wheels & Tires
Ø18x10” Custom wheels, black powder coated.
P305/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers - NEW

Jason

Reaction score
I put down some, financed like $54k on my '15 tahoe, payment is just over $900 a month. Throw my 5.0 into the mix, and I have over $1500 a month between those two. Throw another...nevermind, I'll start getting depressed lol..

jrex2506

Reaction score
I now know why I keep my 05 6.0, unless ur making an ungodly amount, how do ppl afford $1000 for one vehicle payment.

sent while on patrol.

Swampfox

Reaction score
Just make sure she knows it takes diesel. I guess I am lucky, my wife won't even drive my f-250.

04cr450

Reaction score
I now know why I keep my 05 6.0, unless ur making an ungodly amount, how do ppl afford $1000 for one vehicle payment.

sent while on patrol.

Make good money for sure- but save up for it and pay cash at least enough to only finance 10k or so. My truck payment is $237 a month lol paying 750+ a month for a vehicle with nothing but depreciation is nuts to me but ah well.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
The company I contract my truck to makes the payments for me. I couldn't imagine paying for a Platinum F-350 out of my own pocket. With the extra money from that, I have wasted it all modifying the truck ahaha.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lol, yea, it's nice. Don't really want to sell it, but...I've listed it before and keep getting people who tell me what it's worth in Kelly Blue Book.

Here's it's specs:
1994 Toyota Xcab 4x4 pickup specifications.
Charcoal with gray interior.
140,000 miles.
SR5 package, power steering, brakes, windows, locks, mirrors. Factory sunroof, Sliding back window, Bucket seats, etc.
Clean southern truck with no rust.

Power
3VZE, built to the hilt. 3kmi
Balanced and blueprinted shortblock.
Ported, polished & gasket matched heads, intake and headers.
Custom Ground Cams
Oversize valves
Ceramic coated combustion chambers and piston tops.
Balanced injectors
K&N FPIC air filter system with new filter (less than a year / 5kmi old.)
NWOR headers & Y-pipe, ceramic coated inside and out.
Gibson Ø2.5” Cat Back Stainless Steel Exhaust - lifetime warranty.
Marlin Crawler Clutch
Jacobs Streetfighter Ignition
Toyota 5 speed. Stock.
Toyota Transfer Case. Stock.

New maintenance type stuff
Toyota NEW Power steering pump, less than 30kmi.
Toyota NEW Air conditioning pump, less than 25kmi.
Toyota NEW Water Pump , less than 30kmi.
Battery, less than 10kmi.
TPS, less than 1kmi.
O2, less than 1kmi.
Brakes Stock, OEM parts, new pads, rotors, shoes less than 10kmi. Front wheel bearings at the same time.

Differentials
Toyota’s V6 rear end with 4.88 gears and a TruTrac differential, all new bearings. Less than 10kmi on it.
Front with 4.88 Gears and TrueTrac diff.
Mile Marker Lockout Hubs. CV boots in good shape. If you don’t run them, they don’t wear and it’s had the Lockouts forever.

Suspension
NWOR Heavy Duty Torsion Bars
Rancho 2.5” rear springs (full spring kit, NO add a leaf.)
NWOR heavy duty front sway bar.
NWOR rear sway bar kit.
NWOR 4th brace in the front suspension - greatly strengthening it.
Rancho steering stabilizer
Rancho RS9000X adjustable shocks. Less than 10kmi.
Rancho in cab shock adjustment kit.

Armor.
Full Unlimited Engineering custom kit, front bumper, rear bumper, side bars and a roll bar (not installed due to the cap, but will come with the package.) These are not cosmetic. The ‘91 took a full size chevy nearly head on and sent the driver to the hospital and the truck to the bone yard, we drove the toy went to dinner. It needed some repairs, but the bumper was straight and true. It made the migration to the ‘94 without issue. Very strong stuff yet not heavy at all. The ‘94 gained only 200lbs when I put all this on.
There is a skid plate, but it runs a little cooler and I think gets better mileage without it. The skid will be included.

Body
2” body lift.
Lift Lips
Bushwacker fender flairs
Leer Cap with side opening windows it’s the best cap I’ve ever seen. New gas shocks.
Bug deflector
Window Deflectors
Paint is in very good shape, it’s got a couple dings, but I’d get the dent sucker guy out before selling.

Interior
6 channel aircraft EGT w/ oil temp and can be expanded into a 6 channel CHT also. $2000 piece of hardware and fantastic tuning aid.
Autometer O2 Gauge
Autometer Mechanical oil pressure gauge.
Autometer Mechanical water temp gauge.
Custom overhead consol.
Alpine CDA 7878 premium stereo, w/ 6 disk changer and XM radio.
6 Premium speakers including 2 subwoufers. 2 Amps.
Husky liners.
Dynamat everywhere.

Front lighting
This system is fully integrated into the headlights such that with running lights the 60W Hella fog lamps turn on, switch the headlights on low and the fogs turn off and the 60W driving lights turn on, flip to high beams and the driving lights turn off and 100W Hella pencil beams turn on. This system keeps the alternator from being overloaded and works seamlessly with the stock headlight switch. This can be overridden by switches in the overhead consol.
Headlights are also Hella with high intensity Piaa H4 bulbs.

Wheels & Tires
Ø18x10” Custom wheels, black powder coated.
P305/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers - NEW
holy chit, you have done everything!! I hate Toyota but I'd say it's worth more then what you have been offered and understand why you won't take a hit on it.

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

dsmracing1

Reaction score
That is one hell of a built Toyota TrickTruck has! From a guy that has owned all three domestic brand trucks and my last truck also being a Toyota, I have to say that aside from my F-350, my Toyota Tundra was the best truck I owned...

03cd62f8f86e27e887e68d2670a8f32c.jpg

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I put $10k down on my 350 and have equity in it now, only 1 yr left.

My Toy is just that, a toy compared to what the 350 will do. Wifey has the 350 today and it's raining so I'm not going to work on the Toy. For some reason it has spark, but no fuel. Gotta figure that out... 6yrs now I go out, connect the battery and it fires right up, runs like a champ. Now that I need it, no fire.

That's life I suppose

jimdawg185

Reaction score
As a business owner, paying cash is tough. You end up paying tax on the money you spent and only write off a portion of it. Taxes push me to finance as long and as cheap as I can so I get more wrote off than tax at the end of the year. It also rewards buying new vehicles more often, especially when I drive 70k mikes a year. Buying stuff is a complex decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
As a business owner, paying cash is tough. You end up paying tax on the money you spent and only write off a portion of it. Taxes push me to finance as long and as cheap as I can so I get more wrote off than tax at the end of the year. It also rewards buying new vehicles more often, especially when I drive 70k mikes a year. Buying stuff is a complex decision.

I agree with you based on your business needs. When that stops payments immediately become inconvenient and poor choice. Even at 0%...

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I agree with you based on your business needs. When that stops payments immediately become inconvenient and poor choice. Even at 0%...

Can't argue with that. Warren Buffets number one rule of personal finance, don't spend money that's not yours.

Jomax

Reaction score

True, but there's risk in everything.

sootie

Reaction score
Well I guess with that advice I should never have invested in real estate??