I joined the 6.7 club, time to play

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I decided to pull the trigger and treat myself to a newer truck. I traded in my 04 dually on this loaded 2013, I should've made this decision a long time ago, the interior is amazing! The power these trucks make in stock form is awesome! I was extremely picky on the color and interior, I want it to look similar to my other truck. So far I took off the stock 20s and Mickey Thompsons and put on the BMFs from my other 04 that is waiting for open heart surgery, these will only be temporary until I can get my hands on the new SOTAs. I plan on getting with Centex Diesel and No Limit Fab to remove some stuff and add an SCT and some No Limit parts. I don't plan on doing much more than a tune and the basics on this truck, I've got my 6.0 to go fast. For now I want to paint the grill and eventually put road armors on it. Does anyone have any advice on painting over the chrome? It is there a better route to go? I want the surround painted to match, the cross bars to be black and then two tone the ford emblem. Let me know what you think, I'm open to advice on the painting.

6c7c14a8757574762bee6abb11f08595.jpg

5a332f28e6942360879061a06eb19599.jpg

655a0e6ead1d5ff7893545c2162bd350.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Nice. Once you drive a 6.7 its hard not to want one. As far as painting chrome I've always been told sand it till its all dull no shine, self etching primer, adhesion promoter, paint, clear.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
You've got the best color! :toast:
It might be a little more expensive but I got with Sunrise on the surround and bought the primed version. I have no advice on painting the chrome but I know a few guys have done it and should chime in.

SoGrand

Reaction score
Congrats on the truck! 6.7's are a animal! As far as painting I always just buy take off ones from salvage yards. rears around me are 150.00 for new take off ones and fronts 250.00.

jcain

Reaction score
******s, tuning and wheels is considering playing now? Damn near a sema build if you add some light bars brah

6.0 p-stroke

Reaction score
I don't like how the wheels stick out, I guess I need to find something with less offset. I drove 2 miles down a dirt road after some rain and this thing is filthy, mud all over the hood and roof, I'm over it. I guess I'm not much of a stance guy :shrug:

******s, tuning and wheels is considering playing now? Damn near a sema build if you add some light bars brah

No light bars here brah :doh: and yes I consider that playing, I'm leaving the build for my 6.0.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I don't like how the wheels stick out, I guess I need to find something with less offset. I drove 2 miles down a dirt road after some rain and this thing is filthy, mud all over the hood and roof, I'm over it. I guess I'm not much of a stance guy :shrug:

No light bars here brah :doh: and yes I consider that playing, I'm leaving the build for my 6.0.

i have always kept the tires tucked in for that exact reason.. i live on a dirt road and i am 3.5 miles one way to the closest paved road.. *** a bunch of chit getting thrown all over the sides, windows and top.. i have 35/12.5s and its a hair wide for me on stock rims... i wish there was a taller skinnier option myself..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.