I need trans info attention Mark K. or any E4OD gurus.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
Transmission guys.
I sold a 95 E4OD Monday to a guy, he put it in his 97. He calls me today and says it won't move. This is a GOOD tranny not a core. I drove this truck for months and drove it just the day before into the shop to pull. He's starting to think I sold him a bad tranny and Im trying to help him trouble shoot. He says there's no codes and the O/D light isn't flashing. What should he look for? Is there a diff from 95 to 97? Or in the ECM's.

On a side note the torque convertor bled out and I'm not confident he refilled it. He says he did but he wasn't sure????? Will the TC fill up right away?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
The torque converter will fill when the engine is running.

There are several reasons that it won't move.

Not enough fluid
Internal filter fell out
The torque converter slipped forward and isn't seated in the pump. This is a common problem if there wasn't anything holding the converter in place when the trans was moved. If this is the problem it probably needs a new converter and pump to fix it.

PSDEng

Reaction score
+1 for the convertor not being seated in the bottom engagement....ask me how I know :doh:

Can he start the truck and it just won't go anywhere, or will the truck not even start?

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
+1 for the convertor not being seated in the bottom engagement....ask me how I know :doh:

Can he start the truck and it just won't go anywhere?

Bingo!

That's what I'm afraid of. Why will it need a TC Mark?

Last edited:

bluedge8

Reaction score
that sucks Joe, I have seen a lot of people make or almost make that same mistake. If this is the case, it will be obvious when it's pulled out.

PSDEng

Reaction score
that sucks Joe, I have seen a lot of people make or almost make that same mistake. If this is the case, it will be obvious when it's pulled out.

:whs: It'll be very difficult to pull to TC back off if the trans was drawn up tight to the motor.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.