I think something is missing....

Paul@CP_Trucks

Reaction score
Wow, the audacity of some of those shops. I couldn't even imagine getting it like that. Makes it a little hard to diagnose eh?

Well it puts us in a hard place. The truck obviously had something wrong with it. Hence the reason it was taken to the dealer.

We can't do any scan tool tests or even crank the motor over to help diagnose.

Now we basically have to reassemble the thing to find out what is actually wrong with it.

All the while what parts need to be replaced along the way. LPOP, water pump, egr delete, oil cooler etc. Kinda might as well while you are there instead of having to do it over.

To get the truck back together to try and see whats wrong.

Then the customer is into you for $XXXXXX and you still don't know whats wrong with the truck. (assuming one of the parts you replaced didn't fix it)

Best part is, its probably a HPO problem or something similar and they rip the front cover off first haha.

Dealerships thrive off of stupid humans.... which sucks

We are leaning towards a IPR issue...

Start with a new lpop n regulator since ur already there lol

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

It for sure needs a LPOP and cover plate along with a water pump, egr delete, and oil cooler...

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised the dealer didn't tell this guy he needs a new motor. Or have they quit doing that so much. I know for a while it seemed like they threw motors at a lot of issues.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.