Icon warranty issues!!! Not happy

Ctsvnino

Reaction score
So I have stage 1 4.5 lift and my both my rear shocks are leaking fluid!! It's not even 6months old. So I call them seeing what's the process was to send get new ones. To make it short and simple they want me to send these shocks in and not have a truck till they fixed. I told them it's my only vehicle how can they make someone just wait. I need my truck for work and my stock shocks are gone so now what icon?!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Pretty standard as far as warranty goes, most people won't send you new parts until they get the old stuff

300000 and counting

Reaction score
My advise to you is ask them if you can buy a set from them or they put a hold on your card for the cost of the shocks until they get yours in return. Just like dealing with cores.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
My advise to you is ask them if you can buy a set from them or they put a hold on your card for the cost of the shocks until they get yours in return. Just like dealing with cores.

:whs:

This is what I would do as well. I am sure they will work with you.

Reaction score
That's pretty standard for warranty claims. It's unfortunate to ever have to warranty something from a manufacturer's standpoint but, if a manufacturer sent out a new part every time there was a warranty, they would just have a big pile of useless parts sitting around they can't sell. Nobody would appreciate buying a new kit with someone's warranty parts in it anymore than buying a kit and having to get a part warrantied in the first place.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Life of the aftermarket world..... should have stayed stock if warranty work being done was an issue. Even then they KEEP the entire truck.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Buy new shocks. All around. Send the icons in. Get refurbed. Sell them. They dont sound like they are going to be a long term part yo have anyway.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
try to reach out to where you go the lift and see if they can do anything for you. I know in the past icon has sent us a replacement with a return label. But sounds like they may not be doing that anymore.

Ctsvnino

Reaction score
I understand the policy just got upset with them. Everything done just waiting to hear from them back to see what's wrong

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a icon distributor. If you have an issue going forwarder me know. I'll send you replacements if needed.

Latest posts

Members online