ICP and IPR norms?

brsutton86

Reaction score
Just wanting to familiar myself with my truck more. Im reading 460-490 psi on ICP and 9.8-10.2 on IPR via edge cts monitor. Ive been setting up my alerts on there also. Im assuming my idle #'s are correct my truck is running good. Whats #' should I have at 2000 rpms or how is the standard of testing?

brsutton86

Reaction score
Those were at idle. I google searched a little and thought yhey were normal at idle, maybe I misread. I was curious what they run at higher rpms though also...

Jomax

Reaction score
Those were at idle. I google searched a little and thought yhey were normal at idle, maybe I misread. I was curious what they run at higher rpms though also...

Go drive and see!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score

Those numbers are at idle LOL.

To the OP, those number look good.

Sorry guys I saw Ipr and icp and assumed 6.0.

This new tapatalk app is still screwing me up.

superpsd

Reaction score
Test it. On flat ground get the truck up to speed and floor it. Stay in it until ICP stabilizes then record what your max ICP and IPR% is.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
ICP and IPRDC do not really correlate with RPM. The good test to check them would be, as stated, go WOT from about 60-90 mph. ICP will spike up and then drop some. Record ICP and IPRDC where they level out while at WOT. On a stock tune, you want to see 2800+ psi ICP and IPRDC below 50%. If IPRDC is 65% or above, that says your pump is working as hard as it can to keep up with the demand.

brsutton86

Reaction score
ICP and IPRDC do not really correlate with RPM. The good test to check them would be, as stated, go WOT from about 60-90 mph. ICP will spike up and then drop some. Record ICP and IPRDC where they level out while at WOT. On a stock tune, you want to see 2800+ psi ICP and IPRDC below 50%. If IPRDC is 65% or above, that says your pump is working as hard as it can to keep up with the demand.

Makes sense, thanks.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sorry guys I saw Ipr and icp and assumed 6.0.

This new tapatalk app is still screwing me up.
yeah yeah, all you have to do is read the title and right by the title is says the section its in...
I assumed so, no worries.

dont worry, his village will find him soon...

live life full throttle

brsutton86

Reaction score
Ok so

1750 psi @ 28% cruising at 80
2200 psi @ 65% Hammer down 60-90

So being at 65% with hammer down my HPOP is weak?
At what point does it need changed before damaging something else?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Ok so

1750 psi @ 28% cruising at 80
2200 psi @ 65% Hammer down 60-90

So being at 65% with hammer down my HPOP is weak?
At what point does it need changed before damaging something else?

As lincolnlocker said, cruising looks fine (as it usually does), but WOT is not so good. At 2200 psi you are not going to damage anything. You are just missing out on a bunch of power and your EGT's are probably a little higher because of the low pressure.

brsutton86

Reaction score
As lincolnlocker said, cruising looks fine (as it usually does), but WOT is not so good. At 2200 psi you are not going to damage anything. You are just missing out on a bunch of power and your EGT's are probably a little higher because of the low pressure.

At what psi would cause damage? Am I better off to change it now? I need my truck to be dependable and stay on the road, thats why I have tried to understand all of this. If it matters for the future mods, I wont be going for big injectors or monster turbo. If they ever need changed, I will replace with something maybe a hair better. I want dependablilty towing not big HP. Stick a stock HPOP back in or go with something like an adrenaline?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
At what psi would cause damage? Am I better off to change it now? I need my truck to be dependable and stay on the road, thats why I have tried to understand all of this. If it matters for the future mods, I wont be going for big injectors or monster turbo. If they ever need changed, I will replace with something maybe a hair better. I want dependablilty towing not big HP. Stick a stock HPOP back in or go with something like an adrenaline?
adrenaline is a very nice upgrade.. been taking a lot of abuse in my dually for a few years and hasnt missed lick yet..

live life full throttle

Arisley

Reaction score
I second the Adrenaline. Mine has over 150,000 miles on it and still going strong.

Bob at Dieselsite is an awesome guy to do business with also.

mandkole

Reaction score
Stock pumps struggle on these applications. Worn stock split shots are very thirsty (worn ones are worse) and the pump just cant keep up with command. When was the last time that injector orings were changed?

Latest posts

Members online