ICP and IPR norms?

brsutton86

Reaction score
Stock pumps struggle on these applications. Worn stock split shots are very thirsty (worn ones are worse) and the pump just cant keep up with command. When was the last time that injector orings were changed?

I dont know. Truck has 131k now and I've had it about 5 months and put 9k miles on it. Motor blew at 56k under warranty and Ford installed a new one. So technically the motor only has about 75k on it. I put the intake and hydra on it. Changed oil, fuel filter, and tranny fluid all as soon as I bought it. New water pump and belt a couple weeks ago. Plan to put 4" exhaust on soon but I have an extended chassis so ill have to put my own kit together. Dont think they make one for my truck. Should I look at changing injector o rings? Anything else with this milage you would check or change. It would start without a hiccup until last 2 weeks. I have to crank and crank to get er goin now, and thats in 25-35 degree temps. Thats another reason I was checking about the HPOP.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I dont know. Truck has 131k now and I've had it about 5 months and put 9k miles on it. Motor blew at 56k under warranty and Ford installed a new one. So technically the motor only has about 75k on it. I put the intake and hydra on it. Changed oil, fuel filter, and tranny fluid all as soon as I bought it. New water pump and belt a couple weeks ago. Plan to put 4" exhaust on soon but I have an extended chassis so ill have to put my own kit together. Dont think they make one for my truck. Should I look at changing injector o rings? Anything else with this milage you would check or change. It would start without a hiccup until last 2 weeks. I have to crank and crank to get er goin now, and thats in 25-35 degree temps. Thats another reason I was checking about the HPOP.
whats your wheelbase measure?

live life full throttle

brsutton86

Reaction score
If I remember correctly its 194". Im not positive on that. Its the factory extended chassis made for box trucks and rollbacks.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Ok so

1750 psi @ 28% cruising at 80
2200 psi @ 65% Hammer down 60-90

So being at 65% with hammer down my HPOP is weak?
At what point does it need changed before damaging something else?
What tune were you in?

If that was bone stock then you might have a worn out HPOP or something else related going on.

But if you're on a tune, then all bets are off. Even a perfectly healthy HPOP will always drop pressure if injector pulsewidth is too high because of tuning. At that point a new HPOP becomes a mod for more power, not maintenance for anything.

Something to think about before you A) start getting worried over nothing, and B) start sinking money into it.

brsutton86

Reaction score
What tune were you in?

If that was bone stock then you might have a worn out HPOP or something else related going on.

But if you're on a tune, then all bets are off. Even a perfectly healthy HPOP will always drop pressure if injector pulsewidth is too high because of tuning. At that point a new HPOP becomes a mod for more power, not maintenance for anything.

Something to think about before you A) start getting worried over nothing, and B) start sinking money into it.

80 Daily Driver that comes with the hydra. It stays on that tune unless im towing.

CurtisF

Reaction score
80 Daily Driver that comes with the hydra. It stays on that tune unless im towing.
That's precisely why the ICP dropped at WOT.

Do the same test without the chip or in a bone stock tune. You'll see a totally different result.

Latest posts

Members online