ICP? Or something else

mclarengts

Reaction score
So I went to the dealership because my steering gear popped, but also, I'm getting a vibration under acceleration, but it's random. I've been reading on ICP Sensor issues, and they all mainly talk about idling problems. Well my truck idles fine. The dealership says that the check engine light was because of low pressure, and that the issue was the ICP Sensor, and Fuel pump. I don't know, I just don't want buy unnecessary parts...
I have a 2003 7.3 extended cab lariat f250. I'd like to think I'm mechanically inclined, but I don't know it all, and sadly I have no diagnostic equip..

mclarengts

Reaction score
i dont know, and i just called the dealer, and they dont know either, so i guess ill have to wait until the light comes on again

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
i dont know, and i just called the dealer, and they dont know either, so i guess ill have to wait until the light comes on again

The most common ICP code is a P1211. This code usually signifies that the actual ICP cannot keep up with ICP desired. In other words, a weak pump. However, a vibration while driving would not necessarily point to anything regarding the HPOP. Does it feel like the vibration is coming from the engine, driveline, etc...?

Alfie

Reaction score
A p1211 can and will also be cause by low fuel pressure amount a bad HPP or leaks passed the injectors. What u can buy I'm sure u don't have the equipment to do so. Is compare bank to bank icp pressure while cranking. Dealers use block off tools to do this. A difference in bank to bank means a leak passed an injector o ring. Usually the cushion o ring leaks. Low pressure on both means bad pump.

Beast way is to have a fuel pressure gauge and also do an inlet restriction test.

A p1211 can also be cause by a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mclarengts

Reaction score
this is my first dealing with a diesel, but im my experience with cars, it seems as the fuel pump just goes out. maybe it is the pump because Ive reall only had this vibration when towing. its done it only once Without a load.

Latest posts

Members online