Idea on using both tanks with big fuel

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Reasons for me

-You have to buy tank, straps, sending unit and lines $200 bucks?
-Cant use spear tire holder any more
-time to change everything over
-already have close to 40 gallons now

All I need is a small cheap pump, filter, and a few wires

Another vote for simplifying things and going with a 38 gallon rear tank.

-Yes, about $200 bucks.
-No issues whatsoever hanging spare under there, TONS of room, been there done that.
-You'll have time invested in rigging up something else anyway.
-SIMPLER is better.

Eliminating the front tank gives tons of protected space for the new pump and filters. I even had enough extra space for an air tank for my air horns.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
Why not run two selector valves in parallel? Wiring is simple by just splicing on tails, plumbing is simple by just T into and out of the selector valves.

BUT....

It's just another failure point. I like having two tanks, but one tank makes it very simple

Swaan

Reaction score
Why not run two selector valves in parallel? Wiring is simple by just splicing on tails, plumbing is simple by just T into and out of the selector valves.

BUT....

It's just another failure point. I like having two tanks, but one tank makes it very simple

Tell me why everybody likes two tanks. One tank holds just as much and less stuff to go wrong. It's a win win. :popcorn:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Got it plumbed and wired up.

Final setup- rear tank as not been changed. The supply line from rear tank goes to a small transfer pump (small filter).
I'm using the stock steel line that goes to the engine as my fuel return from fuel regulator. That line goes the front return port but also "T" in, is the fuel coming from rear tank coming from transfer pump.
Transfer pump comes on when I hit the switch for rear tank. I used a relay to power pump from the selector valve wiring harness and power that goes to my AirDog pump.

Latest posts

Members online