idm mod dyno results

early99powerstroke

Reaction score
can someone post there dyno results from adding a modified idm. I would definately like to see the dyno results from the swamps idm.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Look on Swamps' website, they have a whole page on it.

And most people arent going to pay for a dyno run and do a before and after with the amount of effort to change one. Not hard, but its in a tight space.

The modded IDM is one of those small mods that you wont go holy ***n **** ! From, but it will help in more ways then just added power, which at a certain level when the truck starts getting away from DD duties every little bit helps.

thuglike

Reaction score
When Jonathan was in NJ last August I saw an OBS lose 10 hp by adding a modded IDM.

With the stocker it laid down 381, put the modded IDM in and it laid down 370. Switched the IDM back to the stocker went right back to 381.

ToMang07

Reaction score
When Jonathan was in NJ last August I saw an OBS lose 10 hp by adding a modded IDM.

With the stocker it laid down 381, put the modded IDM in and it laid down 370. Switched the IDM back to the stocker went right back to 381.

Was it the swamps idm that did this?

Was it a Swamp's Modded IDM or a "Home-Brew" Resistor Modded IDM?

golfer

Reaction score
can someone post there dyno results from adding a modified idm. I would definately like to see the dyno results from the swamps idm.

saw this thread this morning...and had Jon run the engine on the dyno back to back 4 runs each with a stock IDM, and our modded High Voltage/High Frequency IDM. Same PCM tuning (engine made a max of between 323 & 330bhp over the 8 runs)...so the runs were very repeatable.

the runs were averaged and then compared at the following rpm readings:

@ 3200rpm +12lbft
@ 3000rpm -12lbft
@ 2600rpm +10lbft
@ 2200rpm +50lbft
@ 1800rpm +38lbft
@ 1400rpm + 22lbft

Charles

Reaction score
saw this thread this morning...and had Jon run the engine on the dyno back to back 4 runs each with a stock IDM, and our modded High Voltage/High Frequency IDM. Same PCM tuning (engine made a max of between 323 & 330bhp over the 8 runs)...so the runs were very repeatable.

the runs were averaged and then compared at the following rpm readings:

@ 3200rpm +12lbft
@ 3000rpm -12lbft
@ 2600rpm +10lbft
@ 2200rpm +50lbft
@ 1800rpm +38lbft
@ 1400rpm + 22lbft

lbft.....

:morons:

golfer

Reaction score
lbft.....

:morons:

I GAVE you the rpm...beotch.

...since Shhharrles doesn't know this formula...

HP= (TQ * RPM)/5252

also..here's a couple of screen shots of the cylinder pressure with the 2 IDMs

STOCK IDM

StockIDM2700RPM15ms.jpg

HVHF IDM

HVFH2700RPM15ms.jpg

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Beans IDM

Beans idm only deals with the voltage tho correct? I think it would probably be a truck by truck basis on how these modded idm's perform no matter who's it is... With so many different injector/tuning options it would be hard to say that the modded idm would act the same and produce the same results on every single truck... That being said I am planning on getting a swamps idm my stocker has hundreds of thousands of miles on it I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to upgrade it

moose99psd

Reaction score
I GAVE you the rpm...beotch.

...since Shhharrles doesn't know this formula...

HP= (TQ * RPM)/5252

also..here's a couple of screen shots of the cylinder pressure with the 2 IDMs

STOCK IDM

StockIDM2700RPM15ms.jpg

HVHF IDM

HVFH2700RPM15ms.jpg

hes poking you because its ft lbs not the way you wrote it... and im fairly certain that charles of all people knows the hp formula..

Latest posts

Members online