IDP, MPD, and Warren - a question for you

Snake

Reaction score
Gentlemen, a moment of your time please. A member on another site stated that your shops torque ARP studs with the new lube to 240-250 ft/lbs for 6.0's.

Curious as to the accuracy of his claim, and truly appreciate your responses.

Blacksmokin22

Reaction score
Can you go back and add toque? If I did 220 couple weeks ago and haven't ran it, just go crank em down +30 lbs? I've heard 220-250 so idk what everybody is doing.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
whats the purpose of over torquing them, arp says 210 is where they should be with the lube, i could see maybe 220, but i have heard of guys going to 285.....

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
whats the purpose of over torquing them, arp says 210 is where they should be with the lube, i could see maybe 220, but i have heard of guys going to 285.....

They are also telling you how to put them in for slightly raised cylinder pressures, I would say that with the boost levels of some of these trucks that a little extra clamping force for the added cylinder pressure sure as he'll wouldn't hurt

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
They are also telling you how to put them in for slightly raised cylinder pressures, I would say that with the boost levels of some of these trucks that a little extra clamping force for the added cylinder pressure sure as he'll wouldn't hurt

understood with with the more built up truck, but what about trucks that run mild modifications, for say powermax turbo, or a set up with maybe 155's.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
understood with with the more built up truck, but what about trucks that run mild modifications, for say powermax turbo, or a set up with maybe 155's.

Lol well with the hp bug going around its just a precaution for later when you get the bug

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We have done 225 on every set we have ever done, never had an issue to do. But if people are going beyond that we may start to do 230-235.
Although if people aren't having issues with 225, seems the bolt will be able to be re-used more often at the lower rate. I suppose the reply to that would be, if you do it right once there never needs to be another torquing.

I can see both sides of it.... Interested in more replies from people!

MorganY

Reaction score
I do 250 with the new lube all the time. Granted if they have to be re used, I limit it to about 2-3 times depending on the application .

bboteler

Reaction score
I did mine to 250 in a 3 step process...letting it rest overnight before the final step to 250. Then rechecked the 250 24hrs. later. I was probably being overly cautious but i don't wanna do this thing again....EVER!

Latest posts

Members online