idp?

6.0smokinstroker

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been running the looney in my truck but am going to try idp who all has run they're xtreme files what's the differences and best dd file also your prefferences and gains you've experienced over other tunes...any input would be greatly appreciated

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
I think you have you're tuners mixed up. Vivian rites the looney files while Eric rites files for IDP. Besides that, both tunes are good for DD and you won't be able to tell much difference between the two with stock fuel and air. Eric's tunes may fuel a tad harder down low.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Doesn't sound like he got them mixed up. He said he's been running the Looney(whos vivian)and wants to try Eric's tunes(whos IDP) and wants to know who has run his extreme tunes.

6.0smokinstroker

Reaction score
Yeah I've been runnning vivians looney tune also I need to modify my sig but I have an exhaust no cat or muffler afe stage 2 intake with the afe upgraded 3in intercooler pipe coolant filter sct obviously..lol and guages the truck is an 06 as well with a 3 inch lift and 35's

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I've used the Looney wild and wild track files...as well as Eric's x street...the street cranks and idles smoother with no light switch effect.

The wild track file feels faster though

bkingsoda

Reaction score
I run a modified Extreme Race tune from Eric as my dd. He adjusted boost and fuel for me after I ran his first xrace. It does fuel a little more down low making it a little smokey, but when it pulls... It really pulls. Great power. I'm spoiled because I have an extreme street he wrote that I won't even run. Every truck is different though, so results can vary. I want to make my way to college station and let matt tune it so I can see the difference. My only complaint at the moment is that at the very top I'm running out of fuel. Could be ficm or could be injectors... Haven't figured that one out just yet. Need to hook up a scanner and beat on it, but I don't have one in the tool box.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've run:

Old Spartan files (complete crap)
Innovative
GoGo
Dj's (back before Vivian split off)
and
Quicktricks.

Innovative has been my favorite for actual tunes AND customer service. I will be trying Gearhead in the near future and I will probably stick with those two. I did like the way my GoGo tunes run, despite not getting the tunes I asked for.

Blackcloud413

Reaction score
I had erics xtreme race and xtreme street and I never had a problem with them. they ran and shifted good, too.
but then I tried a tune from the Wildman, and my truck just flat out runs better with his tune. I love it.

Last edited:

jdc753

Reaction score
I have run nothing but Stock, SCT Canned - Performance (1,500miles) and Xtreme Race. I have roughly 80k of my 178k as daily driving Xtreme Race and love it. No need to change tunes, runs/drives smooth, no smoke when driven right and plenty of power for the street.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you'll time after time, innovatives files run the hardest. All the fast trucks are running his files

Mdub707

Reaction score
I have run nothing but Stock, SCT Canned - Performance (1,500miles) and Xtreme Race. I have roughly 80k of my 178k as daily driving Xtreme Race and love it. No need to change tunes, runs/drives smooth, no smoke when driven right and plenty of power for the street.

I break parts with converter lock-ups LOL I don't have the self control to DD a race tune like that.

jdc753

Reaction score
I break parts with converter lock-ups LOL I don't have the self control to DD a race tune like that.

maybe I just drive like an old man LOL

The newest version I have for the truck does seem to stay locked longer and lock earlier, but I think there might be a revs per mile issues or something, however I am too lazy to change things. But the "non-studded" version I had before this tune and put the most miles on worked great.

And by daily driving I mean snow/ice, rain, and even towing under 10k just control it with the right foot and have fun.

Jeremysmith9902

Reaction score
lol i run Eric's Extreme X tune with the converter lock up taken off as my dd... its a lil smokey leaving the light but it pulls really hard once you are up and running.. the xtreme street is awsome red light to red light.. turbo spools way faster and pulls harder off the line. now have them upgraded to meet all my new mods and waiting to get my trans and converter and ported intake installed to see how well she does then :)

6.0smokinstroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated can't wait to stud the truck n start putting some real power on the ground

Latest posts

Members online