If you had to do your build all over...,

Cycle_xpressions

Reaction score
That is one impressive 1/4 mile on the obs. You must be happy with the gearhead tunes as you repeated your purchase on the DD.

It is sounds advice to make a plan than work a plan. I have found though that life with kids kind of changes that. I bought my 03 with plans to fix up the outside and make it look nice. Well now with kids we bought a large 5er so now all the money is going towards boring stuff like gauges and trans coolers.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
I was very pleased with not only the tunes but their customer service. Can't find the words to explain how much appreciation I have for these guys. And yes I have but one child thus my plan made many twists and turns lol. Now my dually is for reliability mods and the OBS is for all out performance. I'm blessed enough to be able to afford both trucks. Good luck with your build man may it bring you as much happiness as mine has me!

Reaction score
I love my current setup on the 96 for towing, wish I had never wasted the time or money on the stage 1s and d66, It tows faster, cooler, easier, spools better, and produces little to no smoke with the bigger nozzles and BASB turbo. Its a phenomenal DD, spools real quick and low in the rpm's which is great for the five speed and 3.55s. If I ever have to do a rebuild, as far as any other power adders/drivability improvements, I would love to try gear heads stage 1 cam, ported heads and a set of DI headers, other than that the rest of the upgrades would be for long term reliability at the power level im at

Cycle_xpressions

Reaction score
Wrong injectors would hurt a bit as the price is high.

I have heard a ton of great things from gearhead and I believe I will be ordering their tunes in the hydra when funds allow (hopefully by fall).

I too am hoping for tons on towing performance and low egt.

Cody

Reaction score
I would have stopped at good tunes intake and exhaust

granted having a truck with big injectors was fun I have way better things to do with my extra time and money.. I still respect anything built that produces horse power but im partially over the diesel scene and I blame that on my last build.. I did too much too soon and it burnt me out..

if your really set on having a built diesel buy one thats a proven truck.. itll be way cheaper in my opinion

I drive a gas truck now and love every second of it I don't get the dirty ass looks of driving a diesel nor lumped in with the smoke blowing retards, the fact fuels cheaper mileage is close to the same.. I dont have to drive watching gauges and it still moves out pretty quick

just my two cents

psduser1

Reaction score
I'm happy.
Duel fuel pumps, med oil, stock ish turbo, good tunes, intake, and exhaust, and 160/100s. It tows the shot out of anything up to 20k+, which is way over the rated weight of anything around its model year.
Oh yeah, change oil and filters as needed, other than that, just normal 15 yr old truck problems. Rock it.
I have most of the parts to make 6-700 hp in a 7.3, but that stuff will end up in a little 2wd, or something.
Build truck for desired purpose, then use it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.