if you were gonna buy up-pipes. which ones and why

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
There's a shop here that I like. I'm contemplating having them do the up-pipes and also have them stud it while they're in there. But I'm still thinking about that one.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
The 6.0 manifolds have a cast elbow in them that cuts down on the chance of blowing out the elbow of the uppipe the 6.4 has factory. That usually isn't a problem for the stock/tune truck guys but it is a nice reliability mod, IMO. Also side by side, the 6.0 manifold doesn't have the cast restriction that the 6.4 manifolds do. Nobody has tested it to know if or what the gain is between the two and I'd be willing to bet its nothing extremely drastic but every little bit helps and a happier breathing engine is a good engine.

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
Yea. Idk if I need that. For the time being my truck is gonna be an exhaust, egr delete, intake, mild tune truck. I'll have to think about it cause it does make sense.

Reaction score
We would be glad to get a set up and going for you. The 6.0 mani's are a nice touch while your in there. But even if you don't want to switch from your stockers we can do the HD bellows in stock up-pipes.

dommel01

Reaction score
We would be glad to get a set up and going for you. The 6.0 mani's are a nice touch while your in there. But even if you don't want to switch from your stockers we can do the HD bellows in stock up-pipes.

Morgan how much would you charge to v-band a set of 6.0 man is? If I sent ya a core set

Reaction score
Morgan how much would you charge to v-band a set of 6.0 man is? If I sent ya a core set

If core manis and up-pipes are sent in then the v-band and HD bellows will be $450 and HD bellows for stock 6.4 manis is $300. Other wise we can do sets with new up-pips and manifolds for added cost. All prices plus shipping.

dommel01

Reaction score
If core manis and up-pipes are sent in then the v-band and HD bellows will be $450 and HD bellows for stock 6.4 manis is $300. Other wise we can do sets with new up-pips and manifolds for added cost. All prices plus shipping.

i would just want the vbanded 6.0 manis without up pipes, i have to make my own set of custom uppipes for my setup but that is a smokin deal for someone running stock style turbos

Reaction score
i would just want the vbanded 6.0 manis without up pipes, i have to make my own set of custom uppipes for my setup but that is a smokin deal for someone running stock style turbos

For your case I would probably v-band them yourself. But I can do it for ya. Just can't guarantee exact placement without the whole setup in front of me.

dommel01

Reaction score
For your case I would probably v-band them yourself. But I can do it for ya. Just can't guarantee exact placement without the whole setup in front of me.

ok, would i just use a mild steel vband for it then? 2.25"?

Reaction score
ok, would i just use a mild steel vband for it then? 2.25"?

I use stainless 2" same size as factory up-pipes.
ynesedej.jpg

Here's a pic of one we did on a single turbo 6.4 of my brothers.

Latest posts

Members online