I'm 6.0 retarded. Help me out.

Motostroker

Reaction score
My vote would be a 205/100 and a stg 4 or maybe a 366. Or 190s and a stage 3. My cousin did a 12.5 on 190/100s and a stage 3 which puts you in the range your looking for. If you don't want to mess with icp I wouldn't go above a 205, as long as your pump is healthy, if your willing to go bigger on hpo well that's a bigger ball game. Either way do a a1000/rr setup.

So really a 66 would get me to my horsepower goal?

HeavyAssault

Reaction score

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Because it was a dyno, you can make it read whatever you want it to. But thats a different debate. 205/100 and a 66 is a fun setup. The 66/73 maxes out at around 650, but thats if you have the fuel.

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
This dude just tapped on the 600 door on 190's and a 68 Pmax. Please explain how this happened.

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33912

i can explain that real easy. tell me how a 6.7 hits 526 on that same dyno on that same day? 6.7s dont make that much power... on 35's to boot that. the dyno was reading way high at ennis. even matt at gearhead said the same thing that the dyno was being very generous.

broncof250444

Reaction score
i can explain that real easy. tell me how a 6.7 hits 526 on that same dyno on that same day? 6.7s dont make that much power... on 35's to boot that. the dyno was reading way high at ennis. even matt at gearhead said the same thing that the dyno was being very generous.

Mine was the 6.7 that dyno. Dyno could have been high but i figured it would do 500 hp range just for the simple fact that when i had my 7.3 with mini me's, slteah stage 2 pump, fuel system and 38r, studs, etc i ran 13.9 with its weight with me in it and 1/2 tank of fuel was 7800-7900 lbs. My 6.7 dressed out the same way weights in at 8650 lbs and i run a 13.9 in my 6.7......

So with how everyone goes into the weight/ track times is true hp would make it say my 6.7 is roughly 500hp correct??? Since everyone can agree that my 7.3 with its mods are 500hp worthy correct??? With 5 different dyno times and some different dynos always was within 5 hp on the rollers and have all the supporting documents for the truck and youtube videos.

Now as in garret truck hitting 600hp was whati had guessed for the fact of his trucks weight and track times. For a kid thats just learning to drive a truck down the track and leaving on 10 lb boost launch with 100% complete stock trans runs back to back 8.3 passes, theres a little room for improvement in my opioin with more practice or different driver.

But dont understand why 6.7s dont make that mcuh power, havent heard of any really on the dyno.

Btw i dont really care about dyno numbers, You can ask Lance how much crap i give him about always wanting to dyno trucks and hp numbers..... Ive always went with track times and daily driven results.

Last edited:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
ok. if 13.9 is 520, my tuned 6.0 had that much. it was a heavy sob and ran that quick. and I know it was no 520.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

broncof250444

Reaction score
ok. if 13.9 is 520, my tuned 6.0 had that much. it was a heavy sob and ran that quick. and I know it was no 520.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Did you actually have the truck weighed or just assuming?

Customers tell me everyday there trucks weight 9-10k and really they are lucky to break 7500 lbs.

My pic is when i first got the truck, it now has ranchands front and rear legend series with winch hk, tool box full of chains, boomers and hand crank winches, etc, goosenech hitch with attachments and a 1 ton. unless you have a welder in the back or something im sure your 6.0 was lighter.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i didnt.. crew cab long bed 1 ton, a full solid pipe rear bumper, 35/12.50s MTs, 4 people in the vehicle, a toolbox full of tools and chains, gooseneck plate, front bumper guard... so it wasnt that light..

Motostroker

Reaction score
Kinda like the guy the took his truck down our track.....with a lawn mower trailer behind it

the chad

Reaction score
Not advocating this by any means but I've been down my local track rolling 4 deep with 2 beers cracked open in the backseat lol

Ross@Flyindiesel

Reaction score
Mine was the 6.7 that dyno. Dyno could have been high but i figured it would do 500 hp range just for the simple fact that when i had my 7.3 with mini me's, slteah stage 2 pump, fuel system and 38r, studs, etc i ran 13.9 with its weight with me in it and 1/2 tank of fuel was 7800-7900 lbs. My 6.7 dressed out the same way weights in at 8650 lbs and i run a 13.9 in my 6.7......

So with how everyone goes into the weight/ track times is true hp would make it say my 6.7 is roughly 500hp correct??? Since everyone can agree that my 7.3 with its mods are 500hp worthy correct??? With 5 different dyno times and some different dynos always was within 5 hp on the rollers and have all the supporting documents for the truck and youtube videos.

Now as in garret truck hitting 600hp was whati had guessed for the fact of his trucks weight and track times. For a kid thats just learning to drive a truck down the track and leaving on 10 lb boost launch with 100% complete stock trans runs back to back 8.3 passes, theres a little room for improvement in my opioin with more practice or different driver.

But dont understand why 6.7s dont make that mcuh power, havent heard of any really on the dyno.

Btw i dont really care about dyno numbers, You can ask Lance how much crap i give him about always wanting to dyno trucks and hp numbers..... Ive always went with track times and daily driven results.

sorry matt didnt mean to come off as if i was going after you. when i was at TSDs dyno day which i helped strap trucks down the 6.7's could make right at 460 or so and that was on a loaded dyno jet with a 50% load iirc. so the numbers to me seemed way high. and the turbo on the 6.7 isnt the best of turbos either as far as air flow. i think with a turbo that is worth a flip they could make 500 consistantly across the board but yours was the first id ever heard of making over 500

broncof250444

Reaction score
sorry matt didnt mean to come off as if i was going after you. when i was at TSDs dyno day which i helped strap trucks down the 6.7's could make right at 460 or so and that was on a loaded dyno jet with a 50% load iirc. so the numbers to me seemed way high. and the turbo on the 6.7 isnt the best of turbos either as far as air flow. i think with a turbo that is worth a flip they could make 500 consistantly across the board but yours was the first id ever heard of making over 500

Yea i hear ya no problem. I just manily going by my track times.

But there was a 6.7 deleted with spartan war hammer tune did 5 pulls his highest was 472, manily pulled high 460's. But looking at the videos of his pulls his smoked a lot more and his dyno pull was about 2-3 seconds longer before it finished compared to mine and rowdys trucks. I know i can walk on a kem tune 6.7 and after seeing the spartan i would say it would be the same results if i got to race one.

Latest posts

Members online