Improving Traction

LAMB

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This is my first Super Duty so I am fairly new to everything. I will be looking at improving the overall fuel economy as well as some horsepower this spring cough cough... I have been running my truck hard red light to red light and ate a camaro for lunch today mainly due to his traction issues off the line but I was pretty close with a maseratti quatroport up until about 55 60ish this is stock with only a driver mod they were all dig runs in 2wd just hammering it off the line... I have experimented with several boosted lauche's in 2wd but had tons of wheel hop and left some pretty dark posi marks with my 325's... never done a 4wd launch but I can imagine it hauls ass and I will be easily addicted lol and I know that will mean bad news for my truck and wallet... I do have deep pockets but I like to brag about my truck always being on the road racking up miles and dragging everyone's rig in the parking lot on the weekends... but back to the point I would like to correct the wheel hop as much as possible and I am looking for some more reassurance from some members before I order the parts... I am looking at a PMF 3 link front and a set of rear traction bars with king shocks and stock ride height since the truck is a worker and plows in the winter but what would you recommend for goodies to go along with it... anyone with any experience running these traction parts while plowing with all the d3l3t3zzz I really try to baby it while pushing the white gold but sometimes you need to move a mountain if you know what I mean... The truck is a 2014 F350 CCSB Lariat Ultimate package with an 8'6" XV2... I am kicking around the idea of a kelderman air ride the only feedback I got was from an older guy that used the truck to haul his 5th wheel camper and he said it's night and day and it rides like a cloud. Let me know what you got I am waiting til the spring to carry everything out because the mechanic I got is recovering from almost cutting his leg off with an axe splitting wood said the axe went right threw the log and landed right in his shin and went into the bone about a quarter of an inch. PS I like going fast future plans are for a Fox Body Mustang that eats the new Vettes alive :ford:

sootie

Reaction score
Holy punctuation....

And I trust the camaro knew you were racing? I sure as he'll know you couldn't keep up with our stock Masi

Notneb

Reaction score
Holy punctuation....

And I trust the camaro knew you were racing? I sure as he'll know you couldn't keep up with our stock Masi

Maybe it was a v6 Camaro :p What year was that Maserati, mid 80's? Lol!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If your pockets were really that deep your future plans would be your current reality.

LAMB

Reaction score
Yeah everything was supposed to get done in early December but my mechanic is in physical therapy until March and there aren't too many diesel mechanics in my neck of the woods that I trust since I have heard horror stories about some of the shops and every quote I got was for over $4k to do the d3l3t3zzz. I've know this guy for almost 10 years now and every motor he has built is still on the road tearing up the streets so waiting a couple months is no big deal to me. The camaro blew the tires off at the start it wasn't the SS but it was the V8 and I got the jump on the maseratti off the line and he began to pass me quickly half way threw 3rd gear but I wasn't impressed with his acceleration versus mine considering all my tools in the bed and what I was driving.

Notneb

Reaction score
The V8 model is the SS... unless it was a 1LE or ZL1, and you def didn't beat either of those. I've owned both an SS and a ZL1, and I could beat a stock Powerstroke in reverse...
020_zpsvk9cexi0.jpg

017_zps7kgokyd1.jpg

Cuz posts claiming they owned cars are worthless without pics... Ignore the pumpkin

Last edited:

LAMB

Reaction score
I'm located in Rhode Island and I got a quote from Ocean State Performance and Mass Diesel one was just over 4k and the other was almost 6k. That's a nice viper btw my uncle just picked up a red one and the camaro race was a fluke I will give you guys that, the driver was a young kid and he just sat there spinning because he was bouncing it off rev limiter and launched with all the salt and sand on the roads up here. There wasn't enough room for him to try to catch me because we were going into a merge but he was coming for me once he hooked up I will give you that. But road conditions did play a huge favor for me. I will post up a pic of the road conditions once I head back out on the road today.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Why don't you come to us? Our price would be much more reasonable and we are not too far from you. PM if you like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LAMB

Reaction score
I already committed to my friend that he could do it and I don't go back on my word otherwise I would be driving there this weekend. I got all the parts at the shop right now minus the tuner and intake I am on the fence between GH and the new stuff that rolled out from Sp4rt4n. I'm working on getting another motor at the moment for some R&D for me and my engineer friends to go all out on. We will be introducing some new technology that I haven't seen anyone explore yet in the diesel world and will remain a secret until we work out all the bugs in the new system. Probably going to invest more money than I would like to into this but hell you can't take it with you in the end. Probably going to crack some blocks, melt some pistons, and grenade some turbo's in the process but I don't quit until I win.

LAMB

Reaction score
If things fall threw with him though I will be in contact with you come March time frame when the winter is finishing up and I get back from Bike Week Daytona.

Latest posts

Members online