In a bind with H&S EGR delete

waynewilson417

Reaction score
I recently ordered a mini maxx, H&S EGR delete kit, and FLO-PRO exhaust with no bungs

my question is concerning the egr delete kit:

I didn't order the egt pyro kit as I was going to do it later down the road. well I'm getting ready to install everything tomorrow, so as I'm walking through all of the instructions and ensuring I have all of the parts in the kit, I notice that I have a threaded block off plate in the kit but nothing to thread into it.

I talked to a local shop where I live and they said that I could use one of the pyro's from the exhaust in its place but I'm not sure how that will be able to work as I'm not entirely sure it will reach.

if anyone could give me some insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Buck1

Reaction score
The wiring is long enough from one of the egr temp sensors to connect to a DPF sensor installed on the plate.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Pipe plug till you get the proper pyro. Did that on my 6.7 Cummins EGR delete plate.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

waynewilson417

Reaction score
The wiring is long enough from one of the egr temp sensors to connect to a DPF sensor installed on the plate.

So is what you're saying is to remove a probe from the exhaust, install in the block off plate for the egr delete? As far as wiring is concerned, how do I make the connection from the exhaust probe wiring to an egr temp sensor?

Pipe plug till you get the proper pyro. Did that on my 6.7 Cummins EGR delete plate.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

When you used a pipe plug, did you seal it in any way or did you just insert a plug and tighten it down?

Last edited:

Buck1

Reaction score
Yes sir. Will plug right in.

I have seen plates threaded 2 different ways, some for pipe plugs as Strokersace indicated , some for Egt sensors.

waynewilson417

Reaction score
Yes sir. Will plug right in.

I have seen plates threaded 2 different ways, some for pipe plugs as Strokersace indicated , some for Egt sensors.

I think I'm going to try and track down a plug just to be on the safe side in the morning. If I'm not mistaking, the threads are NPT and aren't the egr sensors metric threads?

Just need something to get me by until next weekend when I'm able to install an H&S pyro went ahead and got it on order

webb06

Reaction score
I think I'm going to try and track down a plug just to be on the safe side in the morning. If I'm not mistaking, the threads are NPT and aren't the egr sensors metric threads?

Just need something to get me by until next weekend when I'm able to install an H&S pyro went ahead and got it on order

Why would you waste extra money on the h&s kit when it isn't even needed?! Use the dpf temp sensor in the plate you have and plug it in to the egr temp sensor and it'll work just as well

waynewilson417

Reaction score
Why would you waste extra money on the h&s kit when it isn't even needed?! Use the dpf temp sensor in the plate you have and plug it in to the egr temp sensor and it'll work just as well

Will my mini maxx read the temp?

Duckdawg

Reaction score
The H&S kit should have instructions for using a dpf sensor in your block off plate as far as where to plug it in, mine did anyway and it works perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickf250

Reaction score
Waynewilson. I like your setup (delete/tune) kit. I have 2015 F250 platinum, does your setup work for mine as well? thanks

Latest posts

Members online