INDUSTRIAL INJECTION PHAT SHAFT TURBOS

Taccurso

Reaction score
I have an 08 F-450 with h&s mini maxx, straight exhaust truck is in the shop as we speak the turbos are shot so im going back in with the industrial injection phat shafts and doing an egr delete while its in also. What kind of throttle response will i have compared to the stock turbos? Will it be a big change?

Diesel23

Reaction score
You should differently feel a difference, the stock turbos are 63mm/53mm, and the phat shaft I believe is 71mm/57mm? Or 58mm, so increase in HP Forsure, as for throttle response you should have damn near instant spool up!!

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
They are 71/58 now, and you will notice a sizable increase in power. Spool up will be about the same maybe a tad slower but not really noticeable, EGT's will be down as well.

Taccurso

Reaction score
Ok sweet thanks guys! i beleive my shop is sending my cores to industrial today so hopefully it wont be to long before i get her back!

Taccurso

Reaction score
Do yall think i will get better mpg with these turbos? And i have a H&S mini maxx with the 300 tune which tune should i run it on for daily driving and the best mpg?

B585Ford

Reaction score
if you don't beat on it the high HP tunes historically result in higher MPG

:whs: Usually high HP tunes give the best MPG (I believe mostly due to the advanced timing) and was the case for me on RCD and KEM, but my experiences with H&S have been slightly different. I was running version .32 until recently and Wild gave me my best results. I just updated a week ago to .40 so I can't say yet.

Taccurso

Reaction score
Ok ya i very rarely have a lead foot the truck is used for a daily driver back and forth to work and to pull a horse trailer with. And as for my H&S mini maxx im not sure which version it is my truck has been in the shop for around 3 weeks so im guessing when i get it back i will be doing an update on it!

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Do yall think i will get better mpg with these turbos? And i have a H&S mini maxx with the 300 tune which tune should i run it on for daily driving and the best mpg?

if you don't beat on it the high HP tunes historically result in higher MPG

Herein lies my problem! LOL

Yeah, the upper level hp tunes, SHOULD give the better mileage. But I keep finding my foot deeper in the pedal, because it feels awesome, so I dont regularly get the best mileage... LOL

B585Ford

Reaction score
Herein lies my problem! LOL

Yeah, the upper level hp tunes, SHOULD give the better mileage. But I keep finding my foot deeper in the pedal, because it feels awesome, so I dont regularly get the best mileage... LOL

I did some testing on this since I noticed the same thing and I found out my right foot actually weighs more when I run hotter programs....I looked it up and it up and its called Fast Truck Syndrome (FTS) .

Latest posts

Members online