Injector and tuning choices

Mulletman

Reaction score
Okay so I have decided on some 160/30 injectors and will need custom tuning of course. Now the hard part deciding what to go with. I have unlimited diesel, full force, and swamps in mind. Unlimited has a life time warranty which I do like, I don't know about full forces warranty but they do free returns on your chip from power hungry who I also don't know anything about. And swamps has a good warranty and does free reburns too. But the tunning Im looking at is tony wildman and gear head, or possibly the swamps or power hungry if that's what I choose to go with. Does beans do thier own tunning anymore or is it with head head? Beans would be added to my list if they still do thier own. I just need some clarification and more info on all my options from you guys. I already have a ts chip btw.

bruce

Reaction score
PIS for injectors, as for tuning you can get a hydra a try a few. Dyno proven, gearhead, power hungry, total diesel performance, swamps, power-struck are all good.

Mulletman

Reaction score
I want a hydra bad.. I might have to spend the extra and get one. What's the pros and cons between pis and full force?

Mulletman

Reaction score
Also once you have the hydra do the tuners that write for it Swnd you tunes for free or what?

mandkole

Reaction score
The 6 pos chip requires that you send the chip back for file burning. The hydra files are emailed to you and you load them on to the hydra. Much easier for trying new files. x2.. they are not free.

There have been so many injector threads and threads that have focused on PIS and FF specifically. Both shops know what they are doing and have many happy customers. Reman injectors, in particular, come down to the base core that's in good condition and prepared properly (poppet sealing, tolerancing, etc). Flow matching at various ICP/PW takes time. They will often recommend tuners as well. Look for the happy customers and evaluate their opinions.

Mulletman

Reaction score
Oh okay makes sense didnt think they would be for free just some wishful thinking.

psduser1

Reaction score
Unlimited and Gearhead work together, been very happy with them. Matt at g e ahead works with the hydra, as well.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Just my two cents, but if you are out shopping and your priorities are what warranty is longer and who gives free tunes then you are not likely shopping for what might be the best choice but what is the best deal. Most of the time not the same product. Some companies are known for their warranty, some on what they offer for freebies. I prefer to be recognized for our product. That is more important to me.

EastTNPharmD

Reaction score
I personally would choose what is most convenient for you. It has come to be my experience that most tuners have an injector that they prefer. So choose a quality tuner that is close to you or is convenient for you to communicate with and see what injectors they would recommend and maybe can work a package with and go that route. I have read so many great things about PIS and Swamps and their injectors while I have Full force and have been happy with them. Just my two cents but to me the ability for me to get tweaking done to keep my truck running tip top is most important to me.