Injector choice and pairing turbos

Reaction score
Ok guys I have a few questions involving size of injectors to get and who to go through. Also what turbo to pair with them. I want to get eithier 238/100s or 250/100s so who do you guys recommend? Also I want to run an s366 would that be a good match for these sticks? And while I'm at it whose tunes to go with it? I have a reg return with fuel bowl delete ad2 bts built tranny plus tons of filters. I plan on getting an hpop and prepping my engine before installing.

Powerstroke 7.3 work in progress !!!! Yfz450 intake exhaust jets + lots of other goodies!!!
Vw jetta tdi straight piped 55 mpgs!!

PABowhunter

Reaction score
As far as who to go with for injectors, I say one of the sponsors on here. Full Force Diesel, Performance Injection Systems, and Unlimited Diesel make quality injectors.

As for turbo, since the 366 is a T4 setup you'll have plenty of options by going with T4. Look at the Borg Warner 468. Most guys run that turbo with 200% nozzles, but it's supposed to be good with anything from stage 2 injectors to 300/200's. Sponsors on here can help you out with that as well. I actually plan on running 250/100's with a 468 here shortly.

Use a well known tuner. If you search a little you'll find lots of guys on here running multiple tuners that they're satisfied with. I would talk to your tuner too about pairing injectors with turbos and see what they prefer.

You'll also have to make sure the rest of the engine is ready to handle the power. Not sure if I missed it, but you should do pushrods, valvesprings, and headstuds. Just for insurance purposes. Upgraded hpop will be good, might want to see if you can get a package deal with injectors and turbo. I would watch your fuel pressure too. Get a gauge to monitor that so you protect your injectors. You may need a bigger pump or dual pumps.

Reaction score
Yes I'm going with a t4 platform so I can grow. So far from what I've read I like the ffd injectors. I use the truck as a dd and to haul a trailer full of atvs to the track on weekends so I don't want to go too big just add more power as reliably as possible I also use it to go on vaction in the mountains on the weekend a hilly 3 hr drive.

Powerstroke 7.3 work in progress !!!! Yfz450 intake exhaust jets + lots of other goodies!!!

Reaction score
I was thinking adrenaline 238/100s and a s366 I don't kno who's tunes I want to go with innovative is right up the street from me and I have there tunes now and am very happy with them but wanted to see what opinions I could get on that on here from what u guys have used and liked.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I was thinking adrenaline 238/100s and a s366 I don't kno who's tunes I want to go with innovative is right up the street from me and I have there tunes now and am very happy with them but wanted to see what opinions I could get on that on here from what u guys have used and liked.

Even if innovative isnt known as a 7.3 tuner, given you are neighbors, id go.there. Id bet money he can tune one. Somebidy said the guy had an excursion with a 7.3 in it.

Reaction score
He does quite a bit of 7.3 tuning they just don't advertise them as much as the newer diesels but with the setup I have now his tunes run great on my truck.

Reaction score
On a side not do you guys think an airdog 2 and reg return w/ fuel bowl delete will be enough fuel for 238s or 250s that's what I'm running now!

97stoker350

Reaction score
As long as it holds 65 psi it will be fine but if you look you can find horror stories about the ad and dads systems. Anything with a 100 nozzle "should" be safe on a forged bottom end. Your not really gambling till you go 200%s. But anything can happen

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go with 238/100s and see how it holds up just get an in cab fuel pressure gauge and keep a close eye.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
NO...do not get a AD....Get a aftermarket RR kit and add a larger pump.
We have a perfect turbo for your needs a complete modded H2e kit.
PM me if I can help.

bruce

Reaction score
the 200% nozzle is the same money as the 100% so i would get 250/200's, from pis. and if you plan on runnin that s366 very long with even a 100% nozzle its gonna need to be gated which puts it and dang near the price of the s468. just spend the money once and get the 250/200's and the s468. i'm sure someone can give you a good package deal.

Reaction score
The truck already has an ad2 and a reg return from driven with the bowl delete. And just for more info it's an 01 with pmrs I plan on getting forged rods and main studs while I'm in there to go with head studs valve springs and pushrods.

Reaction score
That's what I figured get another engine then bolt all my parts on there when it's ready because my only other dd besides that is a vw tdi and my work truck so I can't have it not running for too long.

Reaction score
So the s468 would be a better turbo to run with 250/200s and an adrenaline should be fine with that right?

Latest posts

Members online