Injector Circulator Fault, Cylinder One?

Atsah

Reaction score
Anyone know WTH that means? 03 stock 6.0.. Runs fine..:shrug:

HostileDiesel

Reaction score
Check injector harness at injector and FICM. Do you have AE? possibly see if you can hear the buzz or do a buzz test

-Eric

Last edited:

Atsah

Reaction score
Check injector harness at injector and FICM. Do you have AE? possibly see if you can hear the buzz or do a buzz test

-Eric

No AE.. I can here the buzz.. It's consistent when I plug it in but if I don't, it's pretty inconsistent..

Atsah

Reaction score
I'm a little nervous, I have no choice but to drive 300 miles in the morning round trip..

Mdub707

Reaction score
I remember you checked the FICM a while back... I forget what you had found though. The inconsistent buzz definitely sounds like a weak FICM. FWIW, I've seen a few that read 48V at all conditions, but the truck still runs like garbage with it on there. I have two of them like this on my bench.

HostileDiesel

Reaction score
Check the injector harness from inj 1 back to ficm. Especially around manifold and studs for chaffing, early 6.0's it was a common issue. It sounds like a short somewhere

-Eric

HostileDiesel

Reaction score
Check the injector harness from inj 1 back to ficm. Especially around manifold and studs for chaffing, early 6.0's it was a common issue. It sounds like a short somewhere

-Eric

Atsah

Reaction score
Okay, I'll check it out in the morning... I cleared the codes and drove it 300 miles today and didn't get another CEL and she ran good.. Sure sounds like either the FICM is a little screwy or the wiring to and or from it is messed up..
I'll let you guys know.. Thanks a lot for all the input..

Atsah

Reaction score
Yup the harness has chaffing.. I also think that allthough the FICM reads good, it's not in the best shape.. I'm going to get the harness fixed.. If I wans't going to trade it within a couple weeks I would also get the FICM fixed.. I'll fix the wiring and then the 6.0 is going by by.. I have put 9 grand in this truck over the last three years, it's time for me to cut my loses and move on..

Latest posts

Members online