Injector install

swinky

Reaction score
Haha first time I saw that place I knew I would end up there at least once. Looks like the main place come summer time.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

ghohouston

Reaction score
Dont be a bit afraid of installing them yourself. With a good air compressor and air ratchet, when I worked on these trucks every day, I could have an injector, or the whole bank done, from start to finish in under an hour, since I went to working on big trucks daily, im a lot slower on powerstrokes now. Some good advice and tool list : 12mm ratchet wrench, stubby and regular, for the rear valve cover bolt on each side, and on the pass side, the lower back 2 vc bolts.10 and 12mm allen sockets, and a 1/2" ratchet, for the stand pipes and dummy plugs, depending on how old they are, they can be any of the 3, a 1/2" square, a 10, or a 12mm allen, and obviously this is the time to update them if you havent. T40 torx, 3/8 drive, short and long, and various extensions for the injectors. You will need various metric sockets, I prefer medium deep, 8,10, 12, and will need deep 11mm for cac pipe clamps. As for the oil rail on the pass side, I use a small, 1/4" drive hex head ratchet, basically a bit driver but is a ratchet, and the bolts take a t30 bit, on the rest of the oil rail bolts, just use a regular t30 and extensions. Flathead screwdriver to push in the injector clips on top of the rocker box, and I usually tap on the injector pigtail connector to push it the rest of the way through the rocker box. Its pretty much self explanitory from there on. In a nutshell, those are the tools and advice you need. Hopefully I didnt forget much

swinky

Reaction score
I really appreciate it man. I think I'm going to take it to loboost. If the circumstances were different I'd love to tackle it myself but it needs injectors bad and I really can't do this in the parking lot of my apartment complex. The truck was just studded in june so everything should be up to date. That gives me a good list of what I'll be buying down the road though, lord knows one of the new injectors will have a problem eventually.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

slc dzl

Reaction score
:thumbup:

Just get up w me. I'd be glad to help you or guide you. I'm limited on what all I can do w my left hand for a while though...I got it caught in the lathe.

But I'm still pretty able. Just get up with me whenever

sent while driving recklessly

Sucks to hear about your hand.
Get better buddy

loboost

Reaction score
That's better than I can do, I'm looking at 9 1/2 haha.

You're gifted. Not everyone can count fractions on their hands. Lol

The way mine was twisted I potentially wouldve lost 4 on my left hand

sent while driving recklessly

Latest posts

Members online