Injector pressure

Kind

Reaction score
Does anyone with experience know how much rail pressure our injectors can handle? And what would be worst case scenario if one was to go past those limits?

Stroked777

Reaction score
I remember talking to hassler about his common rail 7.3 and said he was running 50k?!? An that was 2 k16s and 6.4 injectors with machined plugs to fit in the head

Kind

Reaction score
Good to know guys!

I know my current single pump will have a hard time keeping up without really cutting back on duration. But i'm gonna play around.

Are you guys keeping the timing the same or retarding it some?

Last edited:

madman1234509

Reaction score
I thought all of this was mentioned before, and the end result was they didn't find much benefit in going over 24.5 -26k in these trucks? Don't quote me though... I don't think upping presure is going to do anything for you.

ckrueg

Reaction score
My max commanded pressure is 26k but I never see anything above 24.5-25k. Is there a reason why it won't go higher?

Kind

Reaction score
I thought all of this was mentioned before, and the end result was they didn't find much benefit in going over 24.5 -26k in these trucks? Don't quote me though... I don't think upping presure is going to do anything for you.

Yeah you're right about it being mentioned before and I'm apparently really good at ignoring the search feature.

However there is a cummins running over 30k that races and I doubt they are doing that just because.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Yeah you're right about it being mentioned before and I'm apparently really good at ignoring the search feature.

However there is a cummins running over 30k that races and I doubt they are doing that just because.

I Wasn't saying it implying you should use the search feature, was just thinking out loud :p . I get what you're saying but the Cummins also has a completely different fuel pump and injection system. Kind of apples to oranges when compared to our siemens k16 system

Kind

Reaction score
I know the systems are different. But what isn't much different is what higher injection pressures acts like in a diesel.

Latest posts

Members online