Injector Problem

Dantheman

Reaction score
About a week ago I was driving down the street. I was coming to an intersection and had my foot off the gas pedal. The truck dies suddenly. I was able to coast to a parking lot. I had my wife bring my laptop with AE. I found that it was not building high oil pressure. I had it towed and started to diagnose. I disconnected the HPOP and plugged one outlet and put a mechanical gauge in the other. I could then get HPO. I connected the left bank and got pressure there which told me it was the right bank losing pressure. I pulled the valve cover and had someone crank it while I watched. #6 injector was leaking oil like crazy. I pulled it and all o-rings were in great shape. I thought it could be internal so I tried blowing compressed air in the oil section of the injector and air goes right through it and out the exhaust hole that the spout covers. I cannot disassemble the injector since it is under warranty and I have never taken one apart. I don't think it should do this but I have no experience with these. What would be the problem internally to cause this if it is not supposed to do this?

bad12jr

Reaction score
Could have a poppet stuck. Not sure what to do but heard of it happening a few times.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.