Injector swap

MorganY

Reaction score
19mm 12pt socket. The rear ones are a little hard to pop out. Push down on the socket, then take a little screwdriver from the bottom and give it a small pry to help release the connector

Reaction score
Once you get the oiler out of the way its pretty straight forward. Dont forget to take out the uppipe in the back. Don't remember what size but big allan wrench. And I remember having to use a tourqx and end wrench to get the the lower tourqx bolts on the lower part of the oilers. Not quite enough room to get an endwrench down in there.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I think swapping injectors in the 6.0 is easier than a 7.3...once you get down to the valve covers that is. I hate fighting with 7.3 injectors and getting them seated properly...6.0s are much easier in that aspect IMO

Reaction score
Call me crazy but I think swapping injectors in the 6.0 is easier than a 7.3...once you get down to the valve covers that is. I hate fighting with 7.3 injectors and getting them seated properly...6.0s are much easier in that aspect IMO

Thats a good point. And probably agree, but I will take the room to work on a 7.3 anyday of the week.

MorganY

Reaction score
Thats a good point. And probably agree, but I will take the room to work on a 7.3 anyday of the week.

I have done them on a 6.4, 6.0, 7.3 and they all have there good points. 7.3 is the easiest IMO if you have the right tools to clear the oil and fuel out of the cylinders just because you have room to work and you can get to the injectors the fastest. After you do 2 jobs, it becomes easy

YoungMT Hick

Reaction score
Ok so heres another question. I will be pulling my injectors on sunday to send them to Warrens Diesel. I know how to get them out but as for reinstallling everything, its fine reusing the dummy plugs and Stand Pipes. Just chck the o Rings and reuse them correct? Both were replaced in 2011 oct when i did head studs. Cant think of anything else I will need as for parts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.