Injector top seals

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I replaced 4 passenger side injector tops seals for someone on an '03. One was leaking originally so I did them all including the nipples and seals on the oil rail. 4 months later it comes back for a hot no start and one is leaking again on that side but all of them were on their way out and deteriorated.

Anyone ever have this issue?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
not very common but you should check type of oil and if solvents have been added

That was the first thing I inquired about after seeing it. Said he uses Rotella T6 oil only.

I used Bostech seals. Would Alliant be that much better? Those are the only 2 options I know of for kits that include the top seal.

91turbogsx

Reaction score
From what I know this is caused by the nipple seals leaking slightly and the oil is basically blasting at the oring. But they are all new. :confused:
C0-474BAECFDA28-20467-00000A7F40F2E10D_zps410eb2e3.jpg

04stroker

Reaction score
Idk about bostech seals but there are some junky ones out there. I used a brand at one point that leaked bad enough to not start brand new. Thought it might be a fluke put 3 sets in all leaked. Swapped to Alliant O rings no problem since.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I call complete and udder bull**** on the rails causing this.. What are the chances of all 8 nipple doing this... It was a supplier issue with quality of the o rings.. One company in particular ****ed us real good with having every single truck we did injectors on over the course of a year, having to comeback and get all 8 top seals replaced, only to find a couple month period that the seals we put in were also bad so some trucks having to come in again to get the seals done over again! Funny, haven't seen em since....

Rail issues my balls.... It was a **** up no one wants to man up to.. Instead lets just offer a new tool and new seals...

04stroker

Reaction score
I call complete and udder bull**** on the rails causing this.. What are the chances of all 8 nipple doing this... It was a supplier issue with quality of the o rings.. One company in particular ****ed us real good with having every single truck we did injectors on over the course of a year, having to comeback and get all 8 top seals replaced, only to find a couple month period that the seals we put in were also bad so some trucks having to come in again to get the seals done over again! Funny, haven't seen em since....

Rail issues my balls.... It was a **** up no one wants to man up to.. Instead lets just offer a new tool and new seals...

Which company's O rings were these?

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
I got a bad set from alliant. But the shop I got them from took care of the issue ASAP.

3 of 8 failed, yet the others looked great. When I went bigger on injectors a few months ago, I looked at the replaced o-rings and they looked brand new.

Can't say enough about the service I got from Warren and this issue last year.

It does suck how 8$ in parts will set you back a grip of cash.

The shop said it was the HPOP so I replaced it. Didn't fix it so we dug in more and saw some very failed rings. Oh well. HPOP is new now. Lol

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I have another 6.0 in my shop with aftermarket injectors and 6 out of 8 were deteriorated. Customers are not gonna be happy if they have to replace the top seals every 4 months...

Latest posts

Members online