Injector tube replacement - need to pull injectors???

67Charger

Reaction score
According to the service manual, I need to remove and reinstall the injectors if I am replacing the 8 supply lines. I would assume this is to ensure alignment. Is this really normal step? I know guys are knocking out rocker replacements rather frequently. Also, are they all replacing the "impossible to access without removing the cab OR turbos" fuel rail supply tubes too? This wasn't on anyone's parts list that I've seen. What is the retorque procedure for the rail to HPFP supply tube?

Thanks!

6.4f350

Reaction score
Why are you replacing the lines if you aren't pulling the injectors?

You can leave the injectors in, maybe just loosen the hold down bolt so they can wiggle a bit. Probably wouldn't hurt to change the crush seal and o-ring on them if you're replacing the lines though. Torque is the same for the supply lines but you will probably need to pull the turbos. Can't remember well enough what access is like with the stock turbos in place but it will be very tight, I doubt you could get a crow's foot on there, especially the driver's side.

78f100

Reaction score

67Charger

Reaction score
I had to remove the lines to remove the fuel rail. I had to remove the fuel rail to remove the rockers. I had to remove the rockers because this engine eats them like candy. :fustrate: Since I had to remove the lines, I had to replace them Since I had to replace them, I had to loosen the injectors for alignment. Sine the seal is a malleable soft seal, it should not be reused once loosened, ergo, the injectors need to come out if the rockers are worn.

I have never seen the need to change so many secondary parts for an otherwise straight-forward repair. ...and this is cheating and not pulling turbos to replace the 2 rail supply tubes...

The truck came to me with a nasty popping into the intake. Inside, I found #1 exhaust rocker had split the fulcrum cup and fell off. #4 exhaust had worn through the retainer for the tip and was barely hanging in there. It actually fell out once I pulled the rocker assembly. All the tips but about 3 were totally flat. 4 rockers had worn the fulcrum cup to the point that it was hitting the fulcrum plate as it lifted. This thing was a mess. We'll see how it does with a new valvetrain. Passenger side is now complete, drivers side is completely disassembled. Tomorrow, I will clean parts and reassemble, then test.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.