injector ?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
ive started to do some looking around to figure what inj i could get.. can someone explain what the differences are? what the #s mean ex 200/30% or 300 cc 200% or 150/30% also what are hybrids or baby swamps? its all another launguage to me

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
The first number represents the displacement of the injector. ex. 300/200% = 300cc injector capacity. The second number represents the nozzle size 300/200% = 200% over the stock size nozzle. Hybrids are the term given to injectors that use 530IH injector plunger and barrels to increase the amount of fuel moved with less oil because the plunger is physically larger in diameter and thus gives you a better hydraulic ratio. Our "Baby Swamps" are 150/146's. This means they are 150cc injector with a stock nozzle.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
so a 146 is the stock nozzle and how manny cc is stock? so would a 300/200 flow less than a hybrid since the hybrids have a bigger plunger?

The nozzle does not control the "CC per 1000" an injector injects. Just the time it takes to do this.

Stock AD injector is more or less a 140/0...

Most stage 2's are a 160/30 or a 180/30, it just depends on the builder and buyer.

The 300/200 Patrick mentioned above would be a hybrid injector, 300CC per 1000 shots with a 200% nozzle.

A standard Hybrid with just an uncut 530 plunger will put out 238cc per 1000.

and if i were to get single shots frome beans would tony wildmans tunes be able to run them?

Yes. Any tuner can do this.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
obviously i am not going to be using the same injectors as someone with the intent of srtictly pulling or racing. Its still gonna be a DD and i think ive decided on a 38r so whats the biggest injector size i could go with and not have to go with a bigger turbo than a 38r

CSIPSD

Reaction score
obviously i am not going to be using the same injectors as someone with the intent of srtictly pulling or racing. Its still gonna be a DD and i think ive decided on a 38r so whats the biggest injector size i could go with and not have to go with a bigger turbo than a 38r

38R...

Good match is a set of AC's... or standard 238/100 hybrids.

Be warned, the 38R is a noisy little bitch, the new ones are worse then the older ones.

Here is my H2e, and the 38R is WAY louder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVEJ1Ob4jzE

Stroked

Reaction score
the old 38r had a whistle, not sure what they changed, but any truck ive ridden in that had one now, sounds different than my 38r i bought a few years ago, went from a definite whistle to a whine

cfdeng7

Reaction score
The first number is the cc rating of the injector (how many cc's of fuel the injector will flow per 1000 injections). the second number is the percentage over stock the nozzle is. Larger nozzles are needed when flowing larger amounts of fuel to keep icp and pulsewidth within reason.

Latest posts

Members online