Injectors: Stage 1 VS Stage 1.5

lucasm12798

Reaction score
What is your purpose for new injectors? Are your old ones worn out? Are you looking for more power?

Is the truck currently tuned? Tuning is going to play a huge role in the overall performance and driveability of your truck. I would suggest starting with a tuner and then making your injectors choice based off their suggestions.
My old ones had an o ring go bad. I thought about sending them off, then I heard about unlimited diesel's warranty. The stage 1's are the same price as stock, so I though I'd go ahead and get more for my money. I am kinda power hungry though.
The only tuning my truck has is a TS chip. If I do end up getting the stage 1's then I'll more than likely send the TS chip off and get custom tunes flashed on it.

V-Ref

Reaction score
My old ones had an o ring go bad. I thought about sending them off, then I heard about unlimited diesel's warranty. The stage 1's are the same price as stock, so I though I'd go ahead and get more for my money. I am kinda power hungry though.
The only tuning my truck has is a TS chip. If I do end up getting the stage 1's then I'll more than likely send the TS chip off and get custom tunes flashed on it.
Call and speak to Nate@Unlimited about your goals for the truck. He'll get you into the right injectors. Once you've locked in your injector decision, then call Gearhead about getting a quick turn on your chip getting re-burnt once the injectors are on the way.

Done.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Went from stock turbo to tn drop in.
Was it new or used?

Beans tunes made the least power in my truck on a Superflow30 out of Gearhead, Tyrant, and Swamps tunes. A 100 hp loss doesn't match what I saw....I saw about a 40 hp peak difference between all 4 tuners....but the fueling philosophy and tq curves were quite different between all 4. Are you happy with that turbo and the power it makes with Beans tuning?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I wanna know why everybody (several other forums), always says Matt's tunes don't make the best power. Or they are low on power. Has anybody ever done a back to back dyno session to prove this??

Because its true. Matt is a conservative tuner. I've said it before, I run his tunes and am happy with them. But after riding in a 700 plus fuel only 7.3 that switched from gearhead to nltd, to tony's tunes, it was night and day difference.

Jason

Reaction score
Ghohouston, you have a pm coming.

And thanks for the feedback on multiple tuners, I wasn't looking to start a fight with my question, just an observation I noticed. I ran his tunes before, and loved the day to day characteristics of them. Whether on a mostly stock truck I would have noticed a difference, I don't know. I know he's conservative, which with my old pmr motor, I felt real comfortable running his tunes.

B.A.D Performance

Reaction score
Like I said gearhead overall is awesome drivabilty is smooth perfect for daily driver. I just felt there was more left on the table. Only reason I switched.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Good conversation about two of the best tuners. I was worried for a second it might get out of hand. Best way to find out for yourself is try both.

I have both and can say everyone's observations are similar. Gearhead has great drive ability and low smoke. Dyno proven tunes run really strong.

Hopefully one of these days I can get some dyno numbers or track times to compare them.

It's great having options.

Jason

Reaction score
Like I said, I ran gearhead on my last truck..thinking about making a change just to try out something else. Or get a hydra and have both :facepalm:

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Like I said, I ran gearhead on my last truck..thinking about making a change just to try out something else. Or get a hydra and have both :facepalm:

Dyno proven doesn't tune for the hydra.

If the op is interested in other options; DP Tuner just came out with the newest version of their f6 chip. It is open sourced and uses Bluetooth. No more wires when changing tunes and the ability to run multiple tuners.

Latest posts

Members online