Injectors test good, still white smoke...

bigdirty

Reaction score
Tested my injectors in class today with the snap-on modis, everything is OK. The white smoke is constant at idle and driving smells like diesel and oil. What else can it be? Coolant level has maintained its level and its not puking. Can a injector test ok but still be bad?

Open to suggestions... want to solve this

:wtf:

bigdirty

Reaction score
If this needs moved to the tech section go ahead, didnt realize this was in aftermarket

IdahoF350

Reaction score
If you havent checked the actual fuel pressure, you should do that next, it should be between 45 and 70 depending on the regulator spring you have.

It may be an o-ring and copper crush washer issue. Either a doubled up copper washer or a missing copper washer, and most likely a torn or damaged o-ring in conjunction. The o-ring and crush washer kits are $4-5 per injector and you can do both sides in an afternoon. Worth a shot.

bigdirty

Reaction score
If you havent checked the actual fuel pressure, you should do that next, it should be between 45 and 70 depending on the regulator spring you have.

It may be an o-ring and copper crush washer issue. Either a doubled up copper washer or a missing copper washer, and most likely a torn or damaged o-ring in conjunction. The o-ring and crush washer kits are $4-5 per injector and you can do both sides in an afternoon. Worth a shot.

Good info thanks!

windrunner408

Reaction score
Yea if your injectors have actually tested good, then that is what I would say it probably is. I highly recommend you do it quickly before it degrades further. Make sure you put a liberal amount of oil on all of the orings to make sure you dont nick them. If that doesn't work, I guess it could be a bad injector cup.

bigdirty

Reaction score
Lube injectors with engine oil or some kind of grease? Also whats the best way to clean the injector cups? And how do i know when there clean?

chappy

Reaction score
I didn't see but did you test the ficm. A weak ficm can cause white smoke at idle and never clear up.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Lube injectors with engine oil or some kind of grease? Also whats the best way to clean the injector cups? And how do i know when there clean?

Yes lube them thoroughly with new engine oil. You can clean your injector cups with a q-tip I presume. If the cup is bad though, cleaning it wont do any good.

Latest posts

Members online