Injectors

powerSmokin

Reaction score
There isn't anyone that has really live tuned Mike's sure flows or double D's so tuning for these injectors is key as is any other. Cale from Tyrant will be data logging the sure flows in may for the Dyno so these injectors can be perfected. I can't wait for Cale to tune mine, I bought Mike's sure flow because I wanted a good towing injector and be in the 400 to 500 hp range. Bryan does have almost 25k on his and he comes to work every day with the truck sounding great (besides his squeaky belt :) ha).

I really like to see ALL injector builders come out with different products to broaden the 7.3 platform. It gives the consumer more custom options on how they want their engine built which is what we want to see in the powerstroke world.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I can't and won't deny my distaste for Farmer the person. For anyone that doesn't know he is the subject of this PSN thread: http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48139 With posts about people like that it shouldn't be of any wonder why no one posts any real details about injector function and improvement anymore. I don't need to be "read like a Chilton's manual" to improve someone else's business.

Jason

Just the good cliff notes from that thread...

Well, it looks like I am very popular. I got my very own personal thread. I never knew I had so many fans. Roast away it is entertaining. Post more interesting facts. I admit I was screwing with unlimited, and wow he was easy, Jim just kind of fell in. I never exactly asked anyone for their advice, but I learned If I wanted to know something, all I had to do was post something ridiculous and here they come. Tool you say, As reliable as the sun to rise. There were only two people who really acted like a$$es toward me, but now I really don't know. It looks like the whole Nation hates my guts. To the rest of you I apologize.
Wow this is how it feels to be hated.
Carry on I am sure you guys have more than this.
You should try to rename the thread so everyone knows exactly who you are talking about. Remove all doubt for the new comers and I will make sure to keep it current so it is posted every day.

:pointlaugh::poke::welcome:

I am such a tool. I am hopefully going to make tool of the year.
Such a tard.

GTS IS MY BFF.
I wish someone had sent me a pm, so I wouldn't have missed this.

Oh god I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!:postwhore2:

"""""Those two are diesel's version of dumb and dumber.""""""

Man, I really liked that movie. I was thinking we were more like "Forest and Buba"
We might go into business together, Can'twinGTS injectors.
Injector soup, injector stew, injector sandwich, injector gumbo, injector ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you, what did I get from you guys is exactly right.

This has all lead here, and no I didn't get sh#t from either of you. As a matter of fact I was going to get parts from Jim. Another supplier, no names, had them cheaper. I made the mistake of posting that I had gotten parts cheaper, and that is when I got so much attention. After that Every time I tried to have a discussion about them the same few came to give there over bearing opinion on my thread. And here we are. I got nothing because The information you spewed I did not agree with and that is fine. I only posted my building Ideas so it was clear that I had not copied anyones techniques or what ever. As for the nomenclature of injector parts I name them as I want to because I can.

You guys are ruining my INTERNET REPUTATION. Please stop I am begging you

The man recommended Jim, I told him I could not use him. He replied: what? I then stated exactly how I felt. You are doing more to your INTERNET reputation right now than I ever could. Wow, isn't that a Kick in the nuts. A pro like u arguing with a kid like me. I thought those guys over there were considered rejects to some of you guys anyway, and now you are worried about me posting something that I honestly feel is truthful on a site that is full of people you don't like. Like I said "Oh please stop you are killing my INTERNET reputation". I was only originally messing with you until I got the F***OFF, After that I realized that you were hot headed and easy to piss off.

If you don't like me that is fine I never asked you too.
An open discussion on injector building is here fore banned. It causes violence and hysteria
Carry on.

Finish the job, My point was lost and there is no reason to continue unless you guys just want to drag it out. If that is what you want fine. Running over a person is reason enough. FINISH IT, so everyone can run along and get back to their internet hobbies. I will check back later to see if the job was completed.

You guys are ruining my INTERNET REPUTATION stop it oh please stop it.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Sounds like he can really care less about Internet squabble on PSN, reading the cliff notes it sounds like he could really care less on what ppl say about him.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Sounds like he can really care less about Internet squabble on PSN, reading the cliff notes it sounds like he could really care less on what ppl say about him.

Of course... Because he already got all the useful information he could from them, then trash talked them on other sites...

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Yep you are totally right Joe, I couldn't agree with ya more. Not! Mike has a life and doesn't sit his ass on the Internet all day, he has a family to feed and a busy shop to run, if he wanted to talk crap to em he would call them up not post stuff on the Internet about em.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Yep you are totally right Joe, I couldn't agree with ya more. Not! Mike has a life and doesn't sit his ass on the Internet all day, he has a family to feed and a busy shop to run, if he wanted to talk crap to em he would call them up not post stuff on the Internet about em.

See what you missed is the part where he did call these guys, picked there brains for as much info as he could for free, then went elsewhere and trash talked them...

Go back over there and talk trash, most here can read thru the bull crap...

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
If there is a cold idle issue, they need to be sent back. Michael takes care of his customers like brothers.

I have installed numerous sets of stage 1s, 2s, hybrids, sureflows from him and without any tuning or other tweaks, the truck ran cooler and idle more crisp. Just my personal experience

Your personal experience...

That's kinda funny.

Michael Farmer is a fuggin hack. If every other shop in the business went out of business, I still wouldn't consider paying a dollar to that "shop" of his.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Mine is the other cold issue engine, I can't remember if it was like this before the sureflows or not but I'm thinking its a tuning issue. With the last updated tunes I got it ran alot better cold.

Yours was fine with the AD's in it... but I'm just the asshole that tells it like it is...

Hope there fixed when they come back, I'm sure he has picked up a few things from all the injectors people are sending him to tear down.

TARM

Reaction score
The tuning should not be an issue. If a tuner is given flow bench data from a flow bench using the normal tech specs that has become the standard any tuner should not have any issues tuning them as long as they have no issues. I will not comment on any of the other stuff as I had/have no dog in that hunt.

what should be interesting people as far as injector performance goes and what is important will be seen on a flow data sheet.

How fast do they inject specific amount of fuel at given HPOP PSI and PW that based on the nozzle size? The other is whats the injection ratio for fuel to oil ie how much oil is needed compared to other injectors. I say comparative as most of the info out there lets people know basic guide lines for the size HPOP system they need for injector type and nozzle size. ONLY an Example (NOT REAL NUMBERS): 600cc Double DD with a 400% nozzle uses the same oil volume as a stanard hybrid with 200% nozzle.

That along with a Flow Bench Sheet that have these standards and columns

Injector Fuel Capacity: in CCs
Injector Nozzle Size: % over stock
Fuel pressure: 65 psi is the norm
Oil Temp:195 F is the norm but actual is important

Chart:
X axis: Millisecond of Pulse Width from 1 to 4 ms.
Y axis: HPOP ICP 500-3000

Given any tuner that above info or anyone wanting to know how well these injectors work and that should go a long ways to getting answers without any of the technical data most find proprietary. Frankly that is all I care about. As long as the nozzles are of the same make and manf as basically the rest are using injection quality will not be an unknown.

What most would like to see:

Double Ds with any capacity as long as its enough that it will not go empty so lets go with 600cc'.

Capcity: 600cc

Nozzle sizes: 100%, 200%, 400%

Lets see Flow Bench data from the following. Ideally starting with the 200% nozzle and work out as that is where the most interest is going to be. If you can get a 200% to empty like a current 400% that not only means that much more fuel per time but that much higher injection pressure as well which given the same nozzle manf that much better atomization which means increases in fuel efficiency. But I would gladly take a 400% flow bench data instead. Whatever lets just see some standardized performance numbers.

Point of fact there is no way any INJECTOR performance numbers could be made or comparisons unless there are standardized flow bench tests already done on them so I would have to assume this has already been done. Those number are also the only way a tuner could properly dial in tunes without in truck live tuning even then..... so they should already been publicly available if these injectors are already sold and on trucks so this should be a very easy thing to get posted up quickly.

I am actually very interested/excited to see what these can do. I have been told some numbers from a source I trust very much. I just want to see actual flow numbers from a flow bench for myself. Hey if they perf the way they are suppose to not too much more to go on arguing about it as far as the injectors go. They are what they are. So lets see it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online